xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: What Do People Want As Default On The 4th Icon  (Read 357 times)

conners

• Archived User
What Do People Want As Default On The 4th Icon
« on: January 06, 2005, 11:09:00 AM »

Thanks For Taking Part <

the_xbox_guy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 11:44:00 AM »

Hi Conners,

I vote to make all of them an option in the dash settings...
If you make a field for it in the settings, anyone can make it launch anything they want! :P

I especially like the ideas of Kai, and favorite app.

-x

This post has been edited by the_xbox_guy: Jan 6 2005, 07:48 PM <

Cascade

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 11:52:00 AM »

I agree with "the_xbox_guy".  We all pretty much have the fourth tab now, even if it wasn't default.  And I have mine set to what I want.  Since it can be set to anything anyway it wouldn't matter to me.  Howabout setting it to activate my beer dispenser.  Now that would be amazing :beer:   :flame: <

drabbit

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 03:39:00 PM »

An option in the ini file could easily let someone add a 4th and even a 5th tab just by defining Tab Action 4 and/or Tab Action 5 in uix.ini

Something based on the code in this thread http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=334942 but where it looks if the Tab Action x exists in uix.ini. If it does display it!

This way you could define the order and what each does, just add new options to the MenuAction and MenuLaunch functions to do different things like run xbe at location x, go directly in the games menu instead of going trough the hard drive menu (this might be messy because of transitions between menu screens), etc...

This would give alot of flexibility to the main dash menu and options could be easily added by most end users!

This post has been edited by drabbit: Jan 6 2005, 11:42 PM <

Zer04evr

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2005, 05:23:00 PM »

ok guys hows about you take a minute and look at the scriptabless then add in your own 4th tab and have some fun instaed of wasting time posting "it may be added eventually even though im not part of the team but i have a say" posts please just play with the dash and script away we have a whole forum area for coding have a blast kiddies

-zer0 out <

Cascade

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2005, 09:52:00 PM »

YAY!!!!! <

dvdronn

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2005, 07:22:00 AM »

"it may be added eventually even though im not part of the team but i have a say"
    :rotfl:  :beer: <

UGLYMONKEY

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2005, 08:53:00 AM »

How about the fourth tab does not link directly to an app but an easily configurable  "short cut" menu <

blade_boy1

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2005, 03:56:00 PM »

I voted other because I think the button should be customizable. Make it available in the config that you can have it launch any of these already listed programs and also have a custom option where you can specify the xbe you want to run. That way everyone is happy!  :) <

BobMcGee

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2005, 08:25:00 PM »

man this is really easy to do...gimme a few and I will put out some tuts for all this shit people want.  It's been done so many times I figured you all could just cut and paste by now. <

big_xbox_n00bie

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2005, 04:57:00 PM »

As bob has said theres no point... JUst read up and add the 4th tab ureself. Then you cna get what you want there.

-BxN <

Gcue

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2005, 12:02:00 AM »

The update will contain an option to add a 4th button an set it to launch an xbe.
It uses the filemanager to select an xbe to use as well.  So be patient and wait for the update.

Gcue <

LiketHc

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2005, 04:34:00 AM »

Disregard this sh... I  just mixed up the fourth tab with the fourth icon.

Sorry. Too much  :beer:  ??

LiketHc.

-------------------------- cut that off!!! ----------------------------------------------------------

Just bring the fourth tab in and let the people configure it (see the "code" threads for detail). For me the tabs should be assigned with the following functions:

Tab #1: Memory
Tab #2: Music
Tab #3: Harddrive
Tab #4: Settings

The default tab after starting up UIX should be Tab #3.

Regards  LiketHc.

-------------------------- cut that off!!! ----------------------------------------------------------

This post has been edited by LiketHc: Jan 18 2005, 12:39 PM <

PsylentGlo

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2005, 02:12:00 AM »

Well theres alot of talk about infinite tabs check the code section for a "6 tab menu" thread. The beta pics on the last few pages look promising. So why settle for 4 and chose a default when u can have all-of-the-above. <

prplehz

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2005, 09:20:00 PM »

I say other.  I would like  to have it point to another area to select various programs like the hard drive button does now. You see I have my games broken up  like this Dos, xbox, consoles, arcade, homebrew. so as it is now I have no room for my apps icon in the hard drive menu.. unless I am missing something on how to add one. <