xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: What New Features Do People Want?  (Read 381 times)

conners

• Archived User
What New Features Do People Want?
« on: January 03, 2005, 04:44:00 PM »

i know its only a baby, but what features do people want to be added to the dash then, i`ll start the ball rolling, and people please try to be original lol.

1, KAI support, i know its a pipe dream but support would be fantastic.
2, a media player instead of just music so we can playback mp3s, vcds, avi's, not like XBMC(P) which has loads of crap that people hardly use like weather, pictures, online radio trailers, etc
3, live updates (LOL)

Keep up the good work cause this is gonna be a winner.

crak

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 05:14:00 PM »

Network share like xbmc.
Internet radio also like xbmc.

Mr. Me

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2005, 05:24:00 PM »

I don't want new features I want old ones.  Drop down menu for harddrive instead of that memory menu and thc orb.   Ohh and also the floating.

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2005, 05:42:00 PM »

Go to settings, config, general, change it to modded and theres your floating and mesh orb (looks same as old tHc thank God).  
Id like:

Ability to change the main menu tags to look at folders on F (games, apps, emus)

Music options of course

One icon instead of multiple ones in a row

B button for powering off again

Auto climate control

If anything makes this dash take 15 seconds to load like 2gam please dont put it in LOL!

This post has been edited by Heet: Jan 4 2005, 01:43 AM

Hopeful

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2005, 06:00:00 PM »

Wow, this dash is already loaded with exceptional stuff...  Here are a few things that might be cool, but really even if the dash stayed exactly like it is, I haven't found any down side to it.

Stuff that would be pretty cool if they happened to get added, but the dash is still going to be great either way:
-The ability to skip to different parts of songs
-An in-dash backup util
-A tab option that somehow allows you from dash to keep creating and naming submenu branches until you designate an endpoint branch and then get the automatic option to browse for the individual xbe files or autoadd-on-load folders full of .xbe files.  For instance, you could add "Sports" as a submenu branch in games, then add "Hockey", "Basketball" and "Football", then designate each of those as an end branch where you get to browse for xbes to add as launchables, and browse for folders that you want the dash to search for xbe files and make them all launchables every time you load the dash.  I'm not sure if that would be more fun than scripting for new menu branches, but I've wanted functionality like that in a dash more than once.
-The ability to retitle .xbe files and menu items from the dash so that you can, for instance, name "Emulators" to "Play Other Machines" and "xSnes9x" to "Play Super Nintendo", etc.
-The ability to run evox trainers
-In-dash hex editor

This post has been edited by Hopeful: Jan 4 2005, 02:02 AM

Mr. Me

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2005, 06:15:00 PM »

I would like the option to launch media when the right analog is pressed like the original thc dash.  I have a moded samsung 616t and whenever i open the tray the dash ask me if i want to launch the media when all i did was open the tray.  So i have to set it to not ask me cuz it's annoying and then there's no way for me to launch it later.

DaBeast77

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2005, 06:23:00 PM »

i want to be able to change songs and more than four things under the hard drive tab.

Hack_kid

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2005, 08:31:00 PM »

Ok first off Hard Drive menu

When you click on Games Emu ro Apps whatever they show them in the memory manager screen this is OK but i hate having the big icon and then 4 mor elittle one it just looks crappy.

Either A: keep it the way it is but remove the 4 little icons and maybe custimze the menu so it doesnt look exactly like the remory menu where there is the big iocn and then if you do what i said just blank under the name. Also the little box in the bottom left corner have it also say the game size xbe id and maybe location

B instead of getting rid of the 4 little icons make it so when you go to the games area the big icon is the game and the little ones are all the saves so you can manage the saves right from there but also have that little box the same as what i said above

or C go back to the tHc style drop down menu

The Ultimate: Give us the choice between what we have now, Choice A, choice B, or choice C.

Also more then 4 menu tabs in the main menu

5 give us the option in the dash to disable or enable DNA so we dont have to actually go and edit a whole bunch of edfault.xap it kinda seems we went a step backwords with the default.xap editing

overall though i still love the dash...keep up the grea work.

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2005, 08:44:00 PM »

Wow the Games and Memory shared with the icons aint a bad idea.  Nice suggestion!

XteticX

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2005, 09:40:00 PM »

NEWSFEED   :popcorn:

the sound of the cellwal and this great vast makes me feel in a prison...maybe its just a bad buzz....anyhow,
I'de like contact whit the outside world.

Infamous_One

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2005, 11:48:00 PM »

To see the Hard Drive size.

MrSin

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2005, 02:29:00 AM »

1. Configurable main menu items like tHc Lite mod: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?sho...ic=204671&st=60 by n3wbie.
2. Choice of style for Hard drive menu.
3. HDD space/free space etc.

SSJToo

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2005, 05:41:00 AM »

It would be nice if programs could be loaded directly from the main tabs.
Would be nice if i could change the Music Tab to load Xbox Media Center.

xPisc

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2005, 07:29:00 AM »

I would like a media center (not xbmc) in the same way as the UiX dash.
Would like vcd,svcd,dvd,cd support only.. not all crap.
Net radio would be good to (:

evil_ted

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2005, 07:30:00 AM »

I dont think anything should be added. I'm all for the old - thc original - look and feel. I think the thing that this dash lacks is intergration. By this I mean the remote should work, and it should have divx support with a movie menu similar to the music menu. I was looking forward to this dash purely for the built in ftp - so I could stop having to switch to different apps to do different things.