xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Failed Tsop Flash  (Read 1312 times)

dredzs

• Archived User
Failed Tsop Flash
« on: February 07, 2007, 09:51:00 AM »

I was updating a friends softmodded xbox.  It's a v1.0 xbox so it has the 1mb bios.  So I made the appropriate size bios file, loaded it with the 007 exploit, erased it and flashed it.  When I went to go reboot it, it doesn't boot at all.  The green comes on for a second and turns off.

So, my thought was that when whoever modded it, didn't solder one of the jumper points, making it so that I only have access to one half of the bios.  Any thoughts or tips?

dredzs

• Archived User
Failed Tsop Flash
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 01:19:00 PM »

I checked the points and all are good.   How do I reflash it?  I know you can just install a chip and forget about the tsop, but I would like to try to reflash the tsop (I hate just ignoring a problem).

in8

• Archived User
Failed Tsop Flash
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 09:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(dredzs @ Feb 7 2007, 11:51 AM) *

I was updating a friends softmodded xbox.  It's a v1.0 xbox so it has the 1mb bios.  So I made the appropriate size bios file, loaded it with the 007 exploit, erased it and flashed it.  When I went to go reboot it, it doesn't boot at all.  The green comes on for a second and turns off.

So, my thought was that when whoever modded it, didn't solder one of the jumper points, making it so that I only have access to one half of the bios.  Any thoughts or tips?

QUOTE(dredzs @ Feb 7 2007, 03:19 PM) *

I checked the points and all are good.   How do I reflash it?  I know you can just install a chip and forget about the tsop, but I would like to try to reflash the tsop (I hate just ignoring a problem).

A softmod does not require any jumper points to be soldered. Also the tsop wouldn't be writable without those points (both of them) enabled. To try to reflash the tsop, have a look at this thread http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=131986 . Honestly, it might just be best to get a cheap mod chip and say good riddance to the tsop.

Thanks,
~in8

This post has been edited by in8: Feb 8 2007, 05:25 AM

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
Failed Tsop Flash
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 12:53:00 AM »

What bios did you flash to the tsop?

dredzs

• Archived User
Failed Tsop Flash
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 03:06:00 PM »

I flashed X2.  I already gave up and just chipped it.