OG Xbox Forums > TSOP flashing

1.0 Wanting To Reflash From 4976.02 To X2.5035 Need Your Opinion

(1/1)

krale:
ok first do i need to resize to 1mb or will 512 be ok second i am using the 007 raincoat. also can i take this bios and trick it out with xbtool and/or flubbertool ( i dont think i can with flubber but wanted to ask). i think my problems with some dashes working on my box is from my old bios 4976.02 that is why i want to upgrade, oh ya if you think this is not the best bios for me what do think would be. thanks for the help!

pseudoschizo:
QUOTE(krale @ Feb 7 2006, 08:15 PM)
ok first do i need to resize to 1mb or will 512 be ok second i am using the 007 raincoat. also can i take this bios and trick it out with xbtool and/or flubbertool ( i dont think i can with flubber but wanted to ask). i think my problems with some dashes working on my box is from my old bios 4976.02 that is why i want to upgrade, oh ya if you think this is not the best bios for me what do think would be. thanks for the help!

Alrighty, I have a 1.0 and have been playing around a LOT with my TSOP the last few weeks, so I'll try to help as best I can.

Firstly, it HAS to be sized to 1mb unless you have your TSOP split with a switch.

Second, I use the X2.4891 BIOS as it's nice and quick, stable and fairly feature rich.  I edit it with XBTool to change the dashboard launching settings, fan speed, led colour, partition options, bootup options and Xbox logo colour.  I then use KernelBases's KernelBasher (the newest Flubber Text Tool) to change all the bootup animation settings, colours and camera angles.  (This isn't recommended for TSOP flashes, but I've never had a problem.)

I played around with upgrading to the X2.5032/5035 Live BIOS'.  They're more feature rich, but take about twice as long to boot up as it loads a config.ini file from the hard drive to determine all of its settings (bootup animation.. everything..).  So you have a good five to ten seconds before you even see the flubber.  

And actually, come to think of it, it didn't REALLY have more features, they just sort of moved all the options into one editing program.  (You don't need to edit it with KernelBasher, as it has the flubber settings in the X2 Config Maker as well.)

So after playing around with it quite a bit, I was fairly disappointed and went back to the 4891 BIOS.

Hope some of this helps,

pSc

Edit: Grammar

This post has been edited by pseudoschizo: Feb 8 2006, 05:18 PM

krale:
thank you for your help last night i went ahead after reading more in the bios forms about this and went with the X2.4891 BIOS and like you said went great. everything works great now. i did use xbtools but everyone was saying stay away from the flubber so i did (taking no chances). once again thank you for your and everyones elses help on this and all other matters i have come across. it just amazing the amount of friendly help i have got from this site over the years playing with this hoddy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version