xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: The Way To Flash A 1.3/1.4/1.5  (Read 1000 times)

Sykotek

• Archived User
The Way To Flash A 1.3/1.4/1.5
« on: January 12, 2004, 08:58:00 AM »

Very simple here.  If you have a 1.3/1.4/1.5 xbox and are having trouble flashing the TSOP (winbond) with EvoX, it is because YOU CAN'T FLASH THE TSOP WITH EVOX!  You NEED RAINCOAT 0.501!!!  I have done lots of newer xboxes, and have not had a single one that could not be flashed with Raincoat 0.501 and the top two solder points.

Someone pin this and spare us the threads!!

This post has been edited by Sykotek: Jan 12 2004, 05:05 PM

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2004, 09:37:00 AM »

its the winbond TSOP chip that cant be flashed with evox, has nothing to do with version, just those are the versions they appear on most often, although alot of 1.2s have them, and refurbished 1.0 and 1.1s may have them

also i think tehre are a few 1.4/1.5s with ST chips that can flashed with evox

wd-40

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2004, 12:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (lordvader129 @ Jan 12 2004, 07:30 PM)
its the winbond TSOP chip that cant be flashed with evox, has nothing to do with version, just those are the versions they appear on most often, although alot of 1.2s have them, and refurbished 1.0 and 1.1s may have them

also i think tehre are a few 1.4/1.5s with ST chips that can flashed with evox

I just did a v1.5 friday night with a sst chip in it..  versions don't matter, really.  Also, if you solder the 3rd point on the bottom, supposely you can use Evo-x to flash your winbound chip.  I havn't actually tested this or even tried as, I don't use Evo-x anyways smile.gif

So, a think a pinned to this thread would not look to good! smile.gif

Sykotek

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2004, 04:54:00 AM »

Yeah guys I agree with you on all your points, except the bottom point thing.  I tried a winbond with all three locations soldered and it still would not erase in EvoX.  

Perhaps I should have titled the thread more clearly, but I am only talking about the winbond's.  It just seems that all the posts you see here are like HELP I CAN'T FLASH MY 1.5!  or 1.5 CANNOT BE FLASHED!!  

Sorry I was maybe just a little crabby yesterday.  I know everyone here is here for help of some sort, the problem is that all of these questions have been answered 100 times already but people are just too lazy to SEARCH and therefore clutter up the forums with redundant useless topics.  

I'm done.   blink.gif

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2004, 05:32:00 AM »

i don tknow where the whole bottom point thing came from, but its the erasing procedure evox uses (thats why it hangs on erasing and never does anything)

evox uses sector erase commands (thats why its jumpy when erasing a chip) and the winbond chip only supports the full-chip erase command, so obviously soldering th ebottom points isnt gonna change that, plus its the exact same traces as the top points (thats why you only need the top point)

PsiDOC

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2004, 08:13:00 AM »

QUOTE (lordvader129 @ Jan 13 2004, 04:25 PM)
i don tknow where the whole bottom point thing came from, but its the erasing procedure evox uses (thats why it hangs on erasing and never does anything)

evox uses sector erase commands (thats why its jumpy when erasing a chip) and the winbond chip only supports the full-chip erase command, so obviously soldering th ebottom points isnt gonna change that, plus its the exact same traces as the top points (thats why you only need the top point)

Amen Lord Vader!!!
ExoX does not support the CHIP ERASE command only sector erase.
Guess what??
The Winbond Chip does not support the sector erase only CHIP ERASE.
The 3rd point has exactly the square root of S.F.A to do with it!!
Here endeth the 1st lesson.

Regards,
Psi

The Juggler

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2004, 08:37:00 AM »

Does the 007Raincoat save exploit come with Raincoat 5.01?

PsiDOC

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2004, 08:42:00 AM »

No it does not.
You can get it from the usual sources wink.gif Or from the nice guy who bug fixed it http://www.geocities.com/mspritch/raincoat.html.
Regards,
Psi