xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Live Switch  (Read 1034 times)

Crooklynkat

• Archived User
Xbox Live Switch
« on: January 09, 2004, 10:38:00 AM »

Ok a19 and a18 why are they circles in the tutorials? do they have to be soldered together?

Another question, how do i get half of the motherboard chip to be read instead of 256 kb bios?

So far i got a switch installed that doesnt work. the system starts up with 256kb bios but when i click the switch and flash again, nothing happens. it loads the same bios i believe....

I soldered a19 to the middle point of my switch. and the other two points to the other ends of the switch. Can anyone help me out?

shanafan

• Archived User
Xbox Live Switch
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2004, 10:39:00 AM »

Did you do a TSOP flash?

Crooklynkat

• Archived User
Xbox Live Switch
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2004, 11:01:00 AM »

yea i flashed it, but its only reading 1 bank.whether i click the switch or not

lordvader129

• Archived User
Xbox Live Switch
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2004, 12:47:00 PM »

first things first, you can only switch a version 1.0 or 1.1 xbox that has a 1mb TSOP chip, that being said lets move on

your switch should be installed with a19 on the middle point (you said thats how it is) and the other two poles need to be soldered to ground and 3.3v VCC repsectively

if you flashed your entire TSOP then installed the switch it will appear to not do anything because all banks have the same bios in it, flash one side with a 512k bios witha different colormod or something to check your switch

Crooklynkat

• Archived User
Xbox Live Switch
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2004, 12:53:00 PM »

Thx got it working

deege

• Archived User
Xbox Live Switch
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2004, 08:35:00 AM »

i'm installing a switch for my friend and i have everything set up but i need to know where to solder the ground point? sounds stupid i know but i dont want to have to buy my friend a new xbox tongue.gif i have everything in place, the switch a19 point to the middle of the switch, vcc 3.3 to the other end, i just need to know where the ground point is, thanks in advance and sorry for the stupid question smile.gif

lordvader129

• Archived User
Xbox Live Switch
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2004, 11:28:00 AM »

just wrap the wire around a screw on the motherboard, works fine

deege

• Archived User
Xbox Live Switch
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2004, 07:19:00 PM »

ok here goes......i looked at some pics and i soldered the "ground" wire to a point i saw in some pics.......i flashed the bios and it worked......one side i have xecuter2 4979 and when i flip the switch i have the retail bios, the problem is after like 30 seconds the xbox had a black screen and the led was blinking orange, i've never seen this before so i reset it and checked to see if both of the bioses booted, they both booted but as i said after like 30 seconds the orange led blinking kicked in......SO i shut it off and when i was taking it apart the xbox motherboard was EXTREMELY hot i guess it didn't fry just by a couple of seconds, my question is......since the flashing of the bios and all that worked i think i got the ground point right, but now how do i fix this problem? this is my friend's xbox i don't wanna mess this up cause it'll come out of my pocket, thanks in advance.

P.S. in order for the switch to stay in place i soldered it to the case.........is that the problem maybe!?

This post has been edited by deege: Jan 14 2004, 03:21 AM

lordvader129

• Archived User
Xbox Live Switch
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2004, 07:31:00 PM »

possibly, it might be shorting 3.3v to ground

deege

• Archived User
Xbox Live Switch
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2004, 08:34:00 PM »

ok i will desolder that and just put some tape to leave it in place, so what does the orange led blinking mean? oh and can this be caused by not soldering the ground wire where it's supposed to go? i'm not too sure that's where the ground goes, did you solder it to the bottom left lpc point?  

lordvader129

• Archived User
Xbox Live Switch
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2004, 08:44:00 PM »

i wrap the end of the wrie around a screw on the motherboard for ground

Redonapc

• Archived User
Xbox Live Switch
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2004, 08:47:00 PM »

when my nvidia chip fried the light went blinky orange but when i placed my 12v fan over it, it went green and red so i think orange is an overheathing issue but i got a new mobo comin so ...  beerchug.gif

lordvader129

• Archived User
Xbox Live Switch
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2004, 08:49:00 PM »

yeah, probably overheating (i though overheat was read, but whatever) porobably due to a short on the switch

hopefully changing the switch mount will help