xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ipod Usb Issues  (Read 310 times)

theperfekt001

• Archived User
Ipod Usb Issues
« on: June 30, 2008, 05:16:00 PM »

My iPod photo was working fine since I bought it, but recently USB stopped working all together. I can't even charge it using my usb charger, but using a firewire charger works.  I've tried different usb cables, including a brand new one, and nothing seems to work. The usb cables I tried all work with my other iPod, however. I have tried the usb ports on my computer and that does not work either (it won't even charge). Booting into diagnostic mode, and performing a usb check also comes up negative, when plugged into the wall or a computer. I haven't gotten a chance to access a computer with firewire ports to try a firmware update...other than a firmware update, does anyone have any suggestions?

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Ipod Usb Issues
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 11:42:00 AM »

you may have blown part of the internal USB circuit AFAIK USB uses completely different pins than firewire... if you swapped the cables out once and it still wont charge, the problem is in the iPod... also I don't think the firmware matters for charging since the firmware doesn't run without power and you can have a iPod with a battery so dead it wont even turn on when plugged in... but it will still charge.

theperfekt001

• Archived User
Ipod Usb Issues
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 10:38:00 PM »

That's what I feared had happened...such is life