xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Itv Skin  (Read 3260 times)

mstandlee

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2006, 07:27:00 PM »

I'd klove to help you with an xbox. I have a mini case that is smaller both ways, and I could get a slim-line dvd drive. Lemme know if your interested. Pm me for more info smile.gif oh and I would love to help smile.gif

mstandlee

Terc

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2006, 07:40:00 PM »

Although I appreciate the offer, I'm actually planning on doing the work myself.  I like little side projects.  As far as "smaller both ways", I'm not sure how I'd fit the mobo back in...  I was thinking of something along the lines of building a custom case from wood.  My big question is how to get a slim pc drive working with the xbox.  I know there is a modification that can be done to the LG-Hitachi GDR-8163B, but I doubt (I'm hoping I'm wrong here) that it'd be as easy with other drives.

mbay

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2006, 10:10:00 PM »

thanks, manturafs smile.gif i will be sending you some graphx in the next few moments.

mbay

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2006, 12:43:00 AM »

ok folks, another update for the "imovie" icon, i've procrastinated enough on this one.
IPB Image

now, there's more work to make it look more accurate like the pic (like the inside box and the triangle binding the "claps") but i just wanted you all to know i was working on it, and it's always fun to see a wip and get constructive feedback. And if any of you don't like it, well give me a break, 'cause i got back from training a newbie at work today after my bus crashed into a second, "parked" bus, twisting my knee from a 90-to-45 degree angle while still holding onto the post, all-the-while others falling atop each other like dominos sad.gif......... at least my hands are fully functional! btw, i "was" teasing about people not liking it, because constructive criticism is what makes a graphic a better graphic, right? but i had to get that frustration out about the bus, so my apologies to the off-topic - back to regular scheduled programming smile.gif

*** EDIT ***

here's another update, I think this one is getting a little closer, and it actually looks better, i'm just not too sure if the center box is a little too close to the edge, but i will be adding the borders tomorrow, so i think we should be getting a better idea.
IPB Image

kimgitz

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2006, 01:39:00 AM »

Wow this are starting to come along now. Love the icons.

mbay

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2006, 01:43:00 AM »

thanks, kimgitz smile.gif although the front-end is taking quite a bit of time and the most visible, i must also thank "manturafs" for his xml-genious and of course, "Terc", for his own great contributions (icons) and gathering us together.

Terc

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2006, 07:18:00 AM »

Mbay.

Absolutely Fantastic work.
 biggrin.gif

I have to say, I love the bottom icon, it seems you may have just created a great alternative, sleek style for our skin.  Sticking with the most accurate reproduction though, I'd say you should try and increase the border size again.  Either way, this is some fantastic work.

I'll actually have some spare time tomorrow (and maybe tonight) to get a final icon for music done, and hopefully have a WIP post of my weather icon.  Manturafs seems to have the solution to the sliding text highlight!  Also, after looking over the first xmls, it would seem that we really need some work on animated gifs for the scripts and shutdown icons.  My idea is a completely transparent (or black) icon that when selected, glows just the arrow for the scripts, or just the circle icon for the shutdown menu.  It would blend best into the skin if the arrow and circle faded from white to black and back again.

Is there anyone out there that could show me how to program additional functions for the infrared receiver in XBMC?  I have a different controller that I'd like to use with XBMC.

mbay

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2006, 05:01:00 PM »

Thanks Terc! smile.gif

here's an example that i quickly did to make it look similar to the "actual" itv design, of course keeping in mind that I need to make adjustments, which I will take time to do so tonight.

which do you folks prefer?
IPB Image
in my opinion, they're both very unique designs, the latter making the center square area bigger and in turn making it seem the icon being longer, however, the top icon is more accurate, per say, to itv.

Loaded_Gun_Complex

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2006, 08:03:00 PM »

The one on the right is quite a bit nicer in my opinion. Also Mbay i am in need of some website help ... do you think you could help out? PM me k?

mbay

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2006, 09:36:00 PM »

TheLos, thanks for the info! smile.gif

Terc

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2006, 05:59:00 PM »

...and that's 2k views people.

Anyway, I want to hear what people think about skin names.

So far we have

XBMC iTV
XiTV
XBiTV
XTV or xTV
XBTube

This is your chance, if you're not currently developing the skin, to make your own contribution.

Let us hear what you like or any suggestions of things you'd like to hear.

TheLos

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2006, 06:42:00 PM »

Ya, I like xTV too.

edwinmcdunlap

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2006, 08:31:00 PM »

I vote for xTV.

roormonger

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2006, 09:50:00 PM »

I like xTV.

Also I could help with this skin if you would like.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Itv Skin
« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2006, 12:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(Agent Orange @ Oct 8 2006, 10:27 AM) View Post

I vote for XTV, it has a ring to it... the other ones are way too complicated. Also, you want to avoid actually using the "iTV" name. That's going to attract the attention of Apple's copyright watchdogs.

hehe yeah apple do love sueing the pants off people
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14