xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mac Os X On The 360?  (Read 1113 times)

far200

• Archived User
Mac Os X On The 360?
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2006, 10:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(Keo-Keo @ Nov 20 2005, 09:54 PM) View Post

It will be alot more work getting linux running on the xbox 360 just because of the processor.. Once we have a patch for that.. THen a boot loader :-P.. None the less a hard time with the video encoder's again :-).. I highly doubt it will be with in 2 years but i will support the linux project! :-P

There is a linux software for the power pc chip, it's called yellow dog linux.... whith this software you can run it on your mac g3,g4,g5 ibook,powerbook, macmini.....whatever you have.......

go here to read about it.....www.yellowdoglinux.com/index.shtml/

with this being said..... would someone be able to use the drivers to help port the mac os to the xbox?

sidewinder33

• Archived User
Mac Os X On The 360?
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2006, 02:41:00 PM »

I know this is a bit of necromancing but I have been dreaming of the day I can use my 360 as a MAC. As soon as I heard that the architecture was going to be PPC I started having wonderful dreams. I don't know much about programing, but I would be more than happy to do what I can. I really hope that this can get off the ground.

Drunkn_Munky

• Archived User
Mac Os X On The 360?
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2006, 04:00:00 AM »

How about you focus on running unsigned core first. No point getting your hopes up. Unfortunately free60 seems to be dead, and not much work going on homebrew. I guess it shows how many people did actually chip their Xbox1 for pirates/backups. I'll admit that I did, but only for the shit games that weren't worthy of buying and going on Live with.

elmo_sni

• Archived User
Mac Os X On The 360?
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2006, 03:00:00 PM »

you guys are over looking the fact that the power PC structure is very different from its mac brother. and i'm not just talking about it's difference in the amount of cores... but it's difference in how it interpretes data the xbox 360's power pc core is "in-order" execution, meaning intructions pass through the order that they were recieved or "fetched". i'm not sure getting mac os X to be NATIVE is possible... better try the linux counter-part

Klutsh

• Archived User
Mac Os X On The 360?
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2007, 03:52:00 AM »

I dont think the amount of cores will be a problem. G5 mac's had quadcores. OS X can now support upto 8 cores.

I'm working on modding XeLL to look for mach_kernel instead of the default vmlinux.
Pages: 1 [2]