xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Facebook Script  (Read 135 times)

antidestro

• Archived User
Facebook Script
« on: February 26, 2007, 09:20:00 AM »

ok so i searched through a LOT of websites looking for a script that will run facebook.com, because linksbox web browser doesnt load facebook... but i could not find any! So if someone knows of a facebook script, please point me in the right direction. also if there is a web browser that allows me to load facebook that would be great too, my xbox is softmodded and is using unleashx and xbmc if that helps!  thanks again

bjs1400

• Archived User
Facebook Script
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 02:45:00 PM »

It could be done.  Could do a ton of html parsing generated by the php files, or if there is a way to gain access to the database that its running behind the scenes, even better.  Would be cool if someone does it.

antidestro

• Archived User
Facebook Script
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 04:26:00 PM »

but its not done yet, i take it... thats too bad, if i knew anything about it i would be working on it right now!

mugsy3117

• Archived User
Facebook Script
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 07:57:00 AM »

the problem with making a facebook script is the login. the facebook development platform forces the user to login through a browser window (leading you right back to the start about not having a web browser) and any measure to circumvent the login is against the Terms of Service for the facebook development platform

antidestro

• Archived User
Facebook Script
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 01:04:00 PM »

ok well i dont know anything about python scripting but cant you make the script to open a browser window, something like ie or anything that facebook supports just for the login? or can python scripts not run browsers?  it would be cool if someone could port ie for the xbox!  that would be was very hard im guessing!

Leglez

• Archived User
Facebook Script
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 04:24:00 PM »

You could try playing around with http://m.facebook.com its the mobile facebook.  It works on phones that don't have web browsers so it might work.

lclagett

• Archived User
Facebook Script
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 02:57:00 PM »

Well I just noticed today when trying to pass time that facebook has something called a "developer's platform" which provides an API for accessing facebook. Developers Corner should have more information that I can provide.

And if someone really feels the need to provide this script, the clients list include one written for python! I'm not really up to the task right now, but I thought I would throw this information out there since it looks like what is being requested can be done.