xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox As Server For Psp  (Read 65 times)

Wraithalchemist

• Archived User
Xbox As Server For Psp
« on: December 21, 2006, 04:44:00 AM »

i wouldnt know the first step about how to do this but i am sure atleast half of the peeps in here have a modded xbox and know what it can do..
my question is why hasnt someone set up there xbox  as a server (if you will) for there psp games. i mean hel even if you dont have a xbox, if there was a app for the xbox that would allow your psp to look to it for games or music or movies or whatever i am sure it would be worth it to everyone to go to the pawn shop and get a used xbox for 100 bux or less and then softmod it with a 80 gb hard drive (60 bux from wal mart) and use this app or maybe even plugin for xbmc to stream there stuff to the psp..  hell maybe someone knows how to do this allready.  but how big of a kick in the nutz to sony would it be to have the xbox be the console of choice when it comes to interactivity. i mean hell, we can allready control it with our psp's through wifi, why not take it to the next level. imagine an 80gb server in your house for psp content of your choice.. and dont tell me it cant be done. shit i might even pioneer this using somewhat of the method  chunglam uses for his asus hack but for some reason i think this would be better seeings how the xbox stomps the shit out of asus hack when you look power and resoureces aspects..

maybe some sort of awsome script that acts like nethost for the pc but on the xbox??

jester4060

• Archived User
Xbox As Server For Psp
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 01:19:00 AM »

think you could install Linux on the xbox and run a nethost server off that? only think i dont know is if you will have access to the non-Linux partitions