xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Web Browser Python Script  (Read 204 times)

aquadeluxe

• Archived User
Web Browser Python Script
« on: September 17, 2006, 12:51:00 PM »

I saw this site on digg. It was dugg to death so here is a mirror. http://duggmirror.co..._lines_of_code/ It is a python script that can go on the web. hopefully someone could make this into a XBMC script!!

warius

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 12:17:00 PM »

cool!

Chunk_1970

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 04:23:00 PM »

These 25 lines of python rely heavily on wxPython which if im right is primarily designed for windows although does run on other platforms with alot of other pre-requisits so based on the python gui library I don't think that would be an easy thing to do. Im not a python expert by any means so maybe one of the xbmc coders would be able to clarify the situation..

-shroom-

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 10:59:00 PM »

If you really want a browser in XBMC the closest your gonna get right now is Linksboks. Ummm well I think there was some talk about XBMC Linksboks Integration but idk what happened with that.

You can download Linksboks from the usual sources (i also saw an older version on Google a while back) ftp it over to you XBOX and navigate your file browser to the root folder of Linksboks and default.xbe

When you go to end Linksboks your dash will reload (in my case XBMC)

Now what i did that you may be interested is I changed my 360 Guide button in my Media Blade to Linksboks Browser and when i click on it it brings up the browser

IPB Image

JeffyLube0

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 11:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(-shroom- @ Sep 23 2006, 10:06 PM) View Post

If you really want a browser in XBMC the closest your gonna get right now is Linksboks. Ummm well I think there was some talk about XBMC Linksboks Integration but idk what happened with that.

You can download Linksboks from the usual sources (i also saw an older version on Google a while back) ftp it over to you XBOX and navigate your file browser to the root folder of Linksboks and default.xbe

When you go to end Linksboks your dash will reload (in my case XBMC)

Now what i did that you may be interested is I changed my 360 Guide button in my Media Blade to Linksboks Browser and when i click on it it brings up the browser

Yes, someone made a mod that integrated Dvd2Xbox and LinksBoks on the previous version of mc360. It is fairly easy to do.

An alternative to linksboks is X-DSL (which I prefer). It is a linux client based on "damn small linux" and takes up barely any room (hence the name) and comes with many programs. It comes with the internet browser firefox, which i prefer over linksboks, it is much cleaner and user-friendly. You can also use a keyboard and mouse with X-DSL biggrin.gif

muhaha.gif -Jeffy

silentbob343

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 03:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(JeffyLube0 @ Sep 24 2006, 01:23 AM) *

Yes, someone made a mod that integrated Dvd2Xbox and LinksBoks on the previous version of mc360. It is fairly easy to do.

An alternative to linksboks is X-DSL (which I prefer). It is a linux client based on "damn small linux" and takes up barely any room (hence the name) and comes with many programs. It comes with the internet browser firefox, which i prefer over linksboks, it is much cleaner and user-friendly. You can also use a keyboard and mouse with X-DSL (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/muhaha.gif) -Jeffy

Jeffy,

What install did you choose; Frugal or loopback?  I don't want native as it will wipe my F partition.

JeffyLube0

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2006, 10:57:00 PM »

frugal or loopback for what program installation?

i don't ever remember having to choose between one of those options. maybe if you give me more details it will refresh my memory