xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Script To Play Video From The Web  (Read 150 times)

baalho

• Archived User
Script To Play Video From The Web
« on: August 06, 2006, 08:01:00 PM »

Hello,
I would like to make a script to play videos from a website.

example of a link is
http://www.***.com/videos/****.wmv

I have no clue how to get started and I am reading up on it. But if there is a script already there that can do this then it woulb be awsome.
Or someone can get me started.
I have never programmed in python.

thanks much
at

djcaution

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 03:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(baalho @ Aug 7 2006, 03:01 AM) *

Hello,

example of a link is

I have no clue how to get started and I am reading up on it. But if there is a script already there that can do this then it woulb be awsome.

thanks much
at

I too would like some help w/ just how to do that, if someone has a link to a good site or thread to learn for starters it'd be greatly appreciated!!

blittan

• Archived User

Chunk_1970

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 12:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(baalho @ Aug 7 2006, 03:01 AM) *

Hello,

example of a link is

thanks much
at

If you pm me with the full address of the website I will have a look at it for you or maybe give you a sample of the sort of code you need. I myself am new to python and coding in general but have made some intersting scripts for torrents and azureus. Personally I feel that the hardest or most awkward part of writing for xbmc is the gui side pictures buttons etc..

djcaution

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 09:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(Chunk_1970 @ Sep 8 2006, 07:46 PM) *

If you pm me with the full address of the website I will have a look at it for you or maybe give you a sample of the sort of code you need. I myself am new to python and coding in general but have made some intersting scripts for torrents and azureus. Personally I feel that the hardest or most awkward part of writing for xbmc is the gui side pictures buttons etc..

My mission is to make my very own script to watch daily vids from www.break.com. I cant wait to learn this python stuff, I just need some good documentation or an example to start off with like you said Chunk_1970. Dont worry I dont want you to hold my hand through everything, just a nudge in the right direction would help alot.
I'm gonna make it a big personal project and make it real nice so I can share it w/the world w/pride (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
There's no satisfaction better than figuring out new things with coding modded xbox stuff!!   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)