xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: XNA Team Looking for new XNA Game Studio Created Games  (Read 435 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
XNA Team Looking for new XNA Game Studio Created Games
« on: January 08, 2008, 11:12:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | January 9 00:36 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From XNA Team Blog (FYI: MS owned blog):

We're looking for a few 2D and 3D games created using XNA Game Studio for an upcoming opportunity to showcase the great work our community has been doing since we released the tools over a year ago.  This could be the chance you and your game have been waiting for to enjoy the spotlight and anything that may come as a result.  You will additionally have a chance to participate in an upcoming closed beta of a new XNA technologies.

If you have a game you are working on and would like for it to be considered, submit the following to [email protected]:
    * Name of your game
    * Brief description of your game
    * Brief team bio including where you are located
    * Up to 3 screenshots of your game (please limit the sizes of the screenshots to <1MB total)
    * Optional:  Link to gameplay footage

All submissions must be received by January 18, 2008 in order to be considered (inbox date stamp will be used GMT-8).  Everything pertaining to your game concept, screen shots, demos, etc. will remain yours.  If selected, we will contact you directly with more details on the opportunity.  Submissions to [email protected] will not be shown or used publicly without your consent.

Official Site: XNA Team Blog

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 01:06:00 AM »

They would probably get a lot more submissions if their XNA Creators Club subscription wasn't so expensive.  Since MS will profit from a successful title, you would think they would be encouraging independant game developers a little bit more by lowering the XNA sub cost.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 01:22:00 AM »

I agree 100%.

they should have it where the first year is free (to get people into it) and $100 a year after that.

omote

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 02:20:00 AM »

They probably need to find a cheap (free) game to give away for the recent Xbox Live problems. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

d-range

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 06:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(StrictPuppet @ Jan 9 2008, 09:06 AM) View Post

They would probably get a lot more submissions if their XNA Creators Club subscription wasn't so expensive.  Since MS will profit from a successful title, you would think they would be encouraging independant game developers a little bit more by lowering the XNA sub cost.

It's not so much that the subscription is expensive, the main reason I don't want to invest my time in it is that if MS doesn't like your code, you will never be able to distribute it to anyone that is not an XNA creators club member. IE: about 0 people will ever benefit from your work. At least not on a 360, and that's what it's all about. If I want to write games for 'normal' PC's I'll just use C++ or Java if it needs to be cross-platform, thank you very much. XNA for Windows is pointless.

Another thing I don't like about it is that you *have* to develop in a Window environment. I've been there, done that, and now I don't want to give up my Unix development environment ever again.

dr3yec

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 09:28:00 AM »

Hell with xna , give me homebrew instead. XNA is a waste!!!!!!

Shonk

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 10:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(omote @ Jan 9 2008, 11:20 AM) View Post

They probably need to find a cheap (free) game to give away for the recent Xbox Live problems. smile.gif

I was thinking that as well