xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Better Trainer Support  (Read 728 times)

djvalic

• Archived User
Better Trainer Support
« on: December 22, 2004, 04:13:00 PM »

I looked around the forums and could not find any info on getting better trainer/debugging support out of EvoX.  A lot of the games that ive been tying to train/debug use Xbox live and can not boot because the telnet server crashes when Xbox live tries to connect. There are a few hacks that stop live from taking over the telnet but some games do not even boot when debugging is on.  An update for EvoX would be nice.  Something better would be a non MS remote debugging server thatÂ’s runs any xbe you throw at it.  I know there is source that you can put into your source code.  What good is that for making game trainers?

This post has been edited by djvalic: Dec 23 2004, 12:15 AM

Vandalin

• Archived User
Better Trainer Support
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2004, 03:59:00 AM »

What are the hacks that prevent xbl from taking over telnet?

I've disabled live from launching from the X3 bios, but still cant telnet in while a live enabled game is running.

Vandalin

• Archived User
Better Trainer Support
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

Edit: I found the answer to my own question.
TRICK: Debugging network enabled games

I've not tried this - but it is a start.

djvalic

• Archived User
Better Trainer Support
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2004, 10:43:00 AM »

There is also a Xlive tool that "hacks" the xbe for you. It can be found at MaxConsole.  It works about half the time.

lifeforce4

• Archived User
Better Trainer Support
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2004, 10:43:00 AM »

The selfcontrolled exe file that patches the xbe is not as good as the way "Vandalin" pointed to. If you do it manualy you dont have to keep switching xbe's around just make a trainer for the game that you can turn the TSR debug on/off. Then you have the game as copied and a trainer for when you want to connect with telnet.

Also some games you just cant connect to (list at maxconsole) if you disable xnet it freezes and if you have it enabled you cant connect with debug on. Those games you just have to manualy go through the code.

Kyle