xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Team Xos Speak Out. Horneydvl Outraged.  (Read 1235 times)

HoRnEyDvL

• Administrator
Team Xos Speak Out. Horneydvl Outraged.
« on: October 02, 2004, 01:37:00 AM »

Well guys its that time of the year again when THC & BSX have there lil bitch fights thats what im going 2 call them.

My dash is better then yours no my dash has this & my dash has that. You know what i dont give a hooot any more because ur dash wouldnot of been possible without the help & endless hours MS employees spent trying 2 get it up & running. Sure u can change xips & xaps but i think its about time that everyone knows the truth that ftp & everything else wouldnot be possible without the source code for the dashboard. Even if your the best in asm dont think you could debug the xbe & add what you guys have added.

Now where Team Xos comes in here is a lil line from mirc.
<Psi|ocybe> horney devil has put up with a lot of shit that there is no reason he should have had to put up with, and has had to do so for a long time
<@JbOnE> horney puts up with shit because he either puts himself in the middle of shit or walks right into shit - or quite simply he makes the shit up.

You guys want 2 know what this shit is. Not long ago Team Xos descided to do a merger with Bsx guys 2 help nexgen. Well the merger didnot go through as most of you could tell what i mean is that no work was done so we split up again. As most of you prob already know nexgen is opensource so what this means is that the sources for our dash are on the net 2 help other people and teams.

Now Jbone has came out accusing me for helping BSX when its clearly been Yoshiro all along. I got nothing against yoshi nor do i have anything against Jbone. But i had enough. I been accused day after day for giving BSX guys stuff. What ever stuff BSX  have used if anything & that is from nexgen good for them thats why were open source to help others out. Now if u dont like that well bad luck if it wasnot for an opensource comunity there would be no where for people 2 start off & learn new things.
If any source was used from any dash it would be great if that team recives credits for the original work but i cant stop people & say nah mate u cant use our code.

So this is what I want BSX & THC to do. Come out. Tell the public how you got ftp & what ever you have added to the M$ dash? How about, lets see your ftp code see where its came from. If you cant provide us with that then stop blaming others for stealing stuff because ur probably doing the same. Nothings yours unless you code it from scratch.

You cant always take credit for something that others have worked endless hours on no matter how better you make it.

I said from the start that i didnot want 2 choose sides. But if im forced 2 pick a side it wont be any of you guys. It be for the opensource guys like benjeremy , WiSo & XBMC Team for there hard work they have done & how they have helped the scene.

Now i didnot want this 2 become personal but you guys have brought this apon your selves, & i hope this news post will bring out many other people that have gone through this shit, till the truth is finaly told to the public.

The only help we have recieved from the Bsx guys wait i should say from 1 of the Bsx guys is acidbath. He has been helpfull enough 2 create some models for us. Not because he was forced to because of the half a week merger, nor did we pay him. He came up 2 me and said "here guys these are for you they might not be much but i want to help you guys out". "All I have ever wanted it to make a better looking dash for people to use, not to be between a war"

This post has been edited by HoRnEyDvL on Oct 2 2004, 09:02 AM

Mr_Milenko

• TeamUIX
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2004, 01:41:00 AM »

I agree highly on that... The bullshit between seperate teams have to stop... Both projects you mentioned (bsx/thc) are stolen from MS anyways..
so why bitch about something someoen used and gave the correct credits for..

Fair game kids ... chill out with the childish shit and grow up... If you wanna hack a project.. Go for it.. But if someone else does the same thing doesnt always mean it was done the same way

(This goes to ANY AND EVERYONE!)

This post has been edited by Mr_Milenko on Oct 2 2004, 08:47 AM

SeanicTheHedgehog

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2004, 01:48:00 AM »

Well said, and I agree 100% .

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2004, 02:08:00 AM »

Oh...boy.

jokk

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2004, 02:49:00 AM »

how do you think the xip signer was made btw ? ...

Odb718

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2004, 03:12:00 AM »

How about, lets see your ftp code see where its came from.

LMAO... I bet you do.  :lol:

HoRnEyDvL

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2004, 03:16:00 AM »

whats that meant 2 mean  Odb718 ?

You want nexgen source then here it is

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.p...ackage_id=99839

SNICK!

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2004, 04:06:00 AM »

agreed 100%

This post has been edited by SNICK! on Oct 8 2004, 08:28 PM

ILTB

• Recovered User
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2004, 04:20:00 AM »

Ive gotta say im on board with that 100%.
Im sure it had to be done and it was about time.

Im sure one dash benefits from the other and it wasnt JbOnE's to start off with.
Both teams decided to hack a MS Dash and yet somehow hate MSs guts with a vengance.
Im not gonna say one is necesserially better than the other cos i use both and im also getting into neXgen. The 'teams' should really start getting along and working together to produce a truely remarkable dash. And so what if someone freely decides to help out another team, its calld free will and shouldnt impact on your own personal views on the particular person.  I dont want to have to continue to be split between the teams because of one persons arrogance and childish ways, if i could id lock both of the teams 'leaders' in a small room and not let them out until they came to some form of resolution.

Congrats to u HoRnEy  :beer:

neo-dilly

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2004, 07:03:00 AM »

Yo HoRnEy I agree with ya 100%...

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2004, 07:25:00 AM »

Hiya I didn't know all this bitchen was going on, sorry to hear that but but HorNeyDvL is the Dady of them all and I agree with him 100%. Also to throw it in I'm trying to get sourcecode out for beta2 :D.

Hozy

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2004, 07:48:00 AM »

HoRnEyDvL your 100% correct and also we wouldnt have xbox if it wasnt for M$ not like anyone gonna give a dashboard n mods to another gaming console.. eg: xbox's rival...
How about everyone thats a whining little bitch shut the fuck up and actually help instead of sitting there and using what others create. I try to help but I also fuck up were all only human but some people are just stupid and try to attempt to take credit for work that isn't there's. Everyone should help and try to work and everything would be 50% quicker.

Regards
HoZy
 :evil:

x_sasakue_x

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2004, 12:18:00 PM »

Not going to say much against thc, I personally havn't installed it because I think it is overhyped and the developers are cocky bastards.

Also, acidbath was very generous in donating models to nexgen and it was it own decision to do so, it's called free will and I'm sure xos appreciates it.  I did because they look nice.  He is an xos member and a bsx member.

Everyone needs to open their eyes and look at nexgen's position rather than just saying "OMG THC 0WN5 T0 P4WNZ0|2!!!11! Nexgen sucks and I can't get it to work but I don't care because I can't take 1 minute to move a few files because I can't stop beating off to "Xbox Dash Next" Thc final pictures!!!1!"

Nexgen is opensource, and if everyone just takes nexgens source to become better than good for them.  All the more reason nexgen is opensource.  This isn't a war it's a community.  Now why doesn't everyone take time off from bitching about shit and either work together or shut the hell up.

Oh and yeah, I am probably going to install thc final when it's released myself, know why?  because even if they are cocky bastards, it still will probably be a good dash and kudos to them.  That includes jbone.

muerte

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2004, 03:26:00 PM »

wait horney... aren't you whining about whiners again?

Hozy

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2004, 07:07:00 PM »

x_sasakue_x: Nexgen sucks and I can't get it to work

Man everyone is entitled to their own opinions but publically anouncing that you cant get a dashboard to work is just hopeless. What are you? and also saying hot good "THC" is pfft we have nothing without M$ sources as once mentioned before in this topic. Nexgen ( TEAM XOS) are a team that have given up the M$ dash exploit side of things and actually started a different type of dashboard.
Anyone that cannot get a dashboard to work shouldn't be attempting anything else on an xbox.

Regards
HoZy