xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Nexgen Will Not Die  (Read 912 times)

HoRnEyDvL

• Administrator
Nexgen Will Not Die
« on: August 27, 2004, 11:20:00 PM »

Well it seems to me that Many ppl might have ready the front page news about thc that alot of things have happened to it & soon there will be an implementation of ftp & what not. With all that i wish all the teams working on that the best of luck. THo we might not be the best dashboard out at this very moment nor have alot of resources to help us, We will try our best to get something competetive out.

I hope all the people that use our dash stay with us & help us through the hard times that are due to come. If worse come to worse the most we can do is stop releasing source code for our dash 2 prevent other teams from implementing what we have. Tho i realy realy dont want to do that. Can i have some feedback please?

XboxDude87

• Archived User
Nexgen Will Not Die
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2004, 12:02:00 AM »

I know and understand thats its "xboxOPENSOURCE" but seriously, I think you should close source. More and more dashes like Dash2gam and w/e are just stealing your source and skinning it and putting a new name on it. There are probably 2 or 3 dashes all thc, just with different names.

HoRnEyDvL

• Administrator
Nexgen Will Not Die
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2004, 12:49:00 AM »

yeah understandable :) But see i belive teh scene is about helping each other out we wouldnot be here without the help of Benjeremy , Unleashx, BSX, Jbone ect. When i think about it there wouldnot be a scene 2 start with if no1 leaked out the xdk & people shared it around with each other.

I have 1 last idea if it works it will be huge if not then kiss nexgen goodbye. :( I just need 2 sit down with my team & talk about it & see what happens.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Nexgen Will Not Die
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2004, 01:20:00 AM »

before we kiss nexgen goodbye as you say maybe we should wait and see just how good the new thc is i'm sure it will be quite a while before jbone gets it all in.  No point throwing in the towel if you still can do better

gasclown

• Archived User
Nexgen Will Not Die
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2004, 03:02:00 AM »

man, no matter how much ftp tHc has nexgen will be be fukn cool! tHc can have all the ftp in world( :P ) and it wont stop neXgen from being the good looking badboy - and all the chicks love the good looking badboy, right? and xbox hacking is all about the chicks right? - so, no f*kn problem.

go neXgen!!

HoRnEyDvL

• Administrator
Nexgen Will Not Die
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2004, 03:31:00 AM »

haha thnx for the support gas :) & thnx for ur skins we will have our skin engine working prety soon for u :) . Thnx for sticking with us guys.

bucko

• Recovered User
Nexgen Will Not Die
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2004, 06:27:00 AM »

meh, how can you stop nexgen now when everyone is just started to get interested in it again with skins and recoding and what not. Rock on nexgen!

Heet

• Archived User
Nexgen Will Not Die
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2004, 07:11:00 AM »

Ya there are 2-3 dashes that splintered off the original tHc but none are as good as the original and ive tried them all.  Bugs galore and not very user friendly which is funny because after all it is a Graphical User Interface supposedly.  With FINAL coming out it will only leave all of the other little splinter dashes in its wake.  Checked out the newer nexgen the other day and it looks nice.  I'll give this to you, you guys are definately determined and loyal to your users.  Good thing that its not that rare to find in the XS lately.

SNICK!

• Archived User
Nexgen Will Not Die
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2004, 08:00:00 AM »

trust me on this neXgen isnt going to die, its just getting its first sorge of interest and hopefully when its fully done it will be used as much as evox has been.
remember neXgen is the only open-source 3d dash, thats it significance, so thats why i think we should keep it opensource.

cheerz