xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Nexgen..  (Read 458 times)

Krill123

• Archived User
Nexgen..
« on: August 17, 2004, 07:32:00 AM »

Why isn't this forum more active??  This dash is very cool.

I trid it last night and was very impressed. It needs a few refinements but all in all, it's damn impressive. Nice eye candy.

Devs, please keep working on this one!

HoRnEyDvL

• Administrator
Nexgen..
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 07:47:00 AM »

thnx for that :) we wil try our best 2 keep working on this dash and make it something special.

bucko

• Recovered User
Nexgen..
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 07:50:00 AM »

I try my best to help anyone and everyone is this forum. We do have our own site btw at www.xboxopensource.com expect to see more now we are with BSX.

world in an oyster

• Archived User
Nexgen..
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 08:37:00 AM »

wow - I just read the "nexgen bah" thread and I'm absoloutly shocked and disgusted that there are so many people complaining about this dash.
I think its genuinly great.

The hacked ms dashes may look better, but they're extremely limited - ftp and mp3 are absent while simple tasks like getting game icons to appear can take a hell of a lot of work.

nexgen is a work in progress - thats painfully obvious by the setup of the XML etc., but its also making a hell of a lot of progress. It has the potential to look fantastic!
 Its the only homebrew 3d app avaliable and I can appreciate how much work it must take to update a dashboard that you've been uninvolved in up until v 0.95...
unlike UnleashX the devs dont have the luxary of being totally familiar with the dashboard.

I admire nexgen for being opensource, for constantly being improved, for the devs managing to continue coding dispite criticism from ignorant asses and for what can come from it.

I think for the moment, what really has to be done is to make it darker and cooler looking, like the msdash. Once its good looking, it can become a far more popular dashboard.

Goodluck!

bucko

• Recovered User
Nexgen..
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 08:40:00 AM »

can we please not refer to the blah thread as it's old and needs to die it will only stur up more hatridge if we keep refering to it. Thanks for support though.

SNICK!

• Archived User
Nexgen..
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 08:54:00 AM »

QUOTE (Krill123 @ Aug 17 2004, 02:32 PM)
Why isn't this forum more active??  This dash is very cool.

I trid it last night and was very impressed. It needs a few refinements but all in all, it's damn impressive. Nice eye candy.

Devs, please keep working on this one!

thanks for the support krill 123!
Nexgen is coming on nicely so far and is machuring very nicely.

this is remember the original the original ms dash impersanator (not like any of the hacked ms dashs, that is the ms dash code)
also nexgen has a very good skinning engine so you can make it look like whatever the hell you want.

again nexgen is still being developed on from the bits of code that they released until it is the ultimate dash.

also the dash can be made to look identical to the ms dash if you take advantage of the lua code, just look at blackstormX os when it comes out, then youll see what the skinning engine is capable of.

cheerz

PID

• Archived User
Nexgen..
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2004, 10:04:00 PM »

Yes. I have finally started the new panels, and orbring (crosshair to you neXgen boys). If there is anyone who can help me get specular hightlights onto my models in dash as they move it will be a huge advance in the look of neXgen. The flat shading is starting to get to me already........ Twitch.

Anyhows Watch this space..................

Sorry things have been slow my end guys, I'll get something to you all over the weekend. Stoopid work getting in the way.

Must clarify these are not part of the BSX skin, but for neXgen in general. They will be a little more detailed than the current ones you are using, but I really need to get em rendering better before anything else.

This post has been edited by PID on Aug 18 2004, 06:10 AM