xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Will Not Load Any .xbe's  (Read 508 times)

Phantasmagora925

• Archived User
Will Not Load Any .xbe's
« on: May 31, 2004, 12:08:00 PM »

i just upgraded from an older version of NEXGEN and its taking me a while to understand the new version, i finally figuraed out everything i had to do to make the dash boot up, and it all seem'd good untill i tried to play a game that i had backed up on the HD, when i try to run the app. it just locks up.... then i tried to run one of my emulators and it did the same thing, it just locks up when i try to open any xbe's, i dont know if this is something i may have screw'd up or missed  while i was installing... or if i just got a bad copy of the dash. Any help would be greatly apreciated, thanks.

Phantasmagora925

• Archived User
Will Not Load Any .xbe's
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2004, 04:29:00 PM »

ok ive screw'd with it some, but really havent done anything, now the games seem to work fine, but if i try to open the emulators folder it locks up with the black screen and buzzing, the minigames folder does the same(it used to work).... and the apps work sometimes and dont most of the time. ive been reading other post's and i find things similar but nothing that really helps me, if someone knows of a previous post that could help me, or has any information on what the problem is i would really apreciate it, im kinda getting aggrivated and considering going back to .95 for its stability, but im not complaining about the dash, im sure its a user error, thanks for any help. :uhh:

Phantasmagora925

• Archived User
Will Not Load Any .xbe's
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2004, 05:44:00 PM »

Well, i guess no one knows what i was talking about or something, but i did notice that when i would delete the contents of my cache folder and UDATA\7867656e folder everything worked fine untill the files were created again, i have no idea why, or if theres something i can do to stop this from happening, if someone knows anything i dont, i would really like to understand this problem. Again the problem is that when i select a game or application, the system freezes.

SpOoK

• Recovered User
Will Not Load Any .xbe's
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2004, 02:25:00 AM »

Hi Phantasmagora925,

Thanks for the info and what you have tried to resolve the issue. We were made aware of this problem when we released Beta1 but have not yet been able to re-create the problem that some users are experianceing. Some issues we found were with the auto video mode patching we added using Cherry's Vid selection code and the X2 4983 Bios. Others found that they had an empty folder in one of there apps, emu, game folders and now you have pointed out the Cache clearing fixes it untill re-created

I will take a look into this tonight when i get in from work

Phantasmagora925

• Archived User
Will Not Load Any .xbe's
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2004, 11:14:00 PM »

Thanks Sp0ok, I was really starting to wonder if i was crazy or something, I'll continue playing with it and see if i come up with any usefull info. Thanks again for any assistance, and good luck.

bucko

• Recovered User
Will Not Load Any .xbe's
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2004, 06:45:00 AM »

I have exactly the same problem. It seems to launch the games and the screen is black and the led is green. Just there is no video/audio out. So I don't think it's locked up, just in a loop or somthing.

My xbox is a

1.1 w/X2.1 Lite
X4981.67 (G drive) & TATX (XDK 5558)
160GB hard drive
Evox primary dash.

This post has been edited by bucko on Jun 19 2004, 01:46 PM

Phantasmagora925

• Archived User
Will Not Load Any .xbe's
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2004, 07:26:00 PM »

I dont actually play my xbox that often, so i decided to just ignor it for a while and wait for the next release to see if the problem goes away. I must say it seem's to have improoved. That is, it doesnt do it quite as much as it used to. Thanks and Good luck.

bucko

• Recovered User
Will Not Load Any .xbe's
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2004, 04:10:00 AM »

http://www.xboxopensource.com/modules.php?...7572e9f22a2#607

funny how I can load games from nexgen on TATX (XDK 5558) hence TATX can't see G drive.

This post has been edited by bucko on Jul 26 2004, 02:27 PM

bucko

• Recovered User
Will Not Load Any .xbe's
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2004, 07:26:00 AM »

Bump, if anyone is still having the same problem. Odly enough, when I upgraded my chip from an X2.1Lite to an Xenium all the problems went away. I tried recreating the issue (like same bios setup's etc) but I could just not recreate the problem of games and apps not loading. How weird? All is I can boil it down to is the IC2C (or what ever it's called) code in the Xecuter range of chips. Can anyone confirm this? Phantasmagora925 what was your mod chip?

SpOoK

• Recovered User
Will Not Load Any .xbe's
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2004, 10:32:00 AM »

Bucko,

He was using the X2 Lite mod as well. I've got 1 with an Xecuter 2.2 Pro and 1 with the Xenium and have not been able to recreate the not loading problem on any of the 2 XBOX's

bucko

• Recovered User
Will Not Load Any .xbe's
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2004, 10:58:00 AM »

this is fucking weird

Phantasmagora925

• Archived User
Will Not Load Any .xbe's
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2004, 04:05:00 PM »

sorry guys ive been out of a computer for a while, had to build a new one... anyway, i have an Xecuter 2.2 or 2.3 Lite, i dont remember... and im running Bios X2-4981.67 and i havent upgraded anything in a while but the problem disapeared, i just ignor'd it for a while and it never does it anymore, i have no idea what that means, i dont have the smarts to understand it all, i just build it, anyway if it ever happens again ill post it, but it hasnt happen'd in like 2 months, thanks for all the help, and goodluck with all the other stuff you troubleshoot. :beer:

Phantasmagora925

• Archived User
Will Not Load Any .xbe's
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2004, 06:08:00 AM »

ok, new discovery, started doing it again, but it only does it when there is a network connection established. I was too busy with the new computer and all that i never bothered to plug it back in untill i needed to use it.