xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Keep Up The Good Work  (Read 399 times)

bucko

• Recovered User
Keep Up The Good Work
« on: March 16, 2004, 10:08:00 AM »

Hi. I just wanted to say what a great dash XDashOS is becoming. Seems you got quiet a good team going as well, especialy now you have fixed that mem leek.

If XDashOS becomes as stable as Evox I am honestly thinking of changing my dashboard.

The new skin looks awsome to, a sign of things to come? Looks like a modders dream to have a sexy dash like that.

Well once again keep up the good work and can't wait till the next release (mem fix) and that sexy skin.

SpOoK

• Recovered User
Keep Up The Good Work
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 11:57:00 AM »

Hi bucko,

thanks for the support we appreciate it, and also thanks to everyone in the X-S that has helped and supported us over the past months. Now that we have sorted the mem leak we should be able to move things along at a quicker pace. there will be a few more test builds released before we release a Final (Stable) build and we hope to get most of the users request's into neXgen so if anyone has anymore then post away and we'll see what we can do for you.

thanks again

bucko

• Recovered User
Keep Up The Good Work
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 01:24:00 PM »

Hi bucko,

thanks for the support we appreciate it, and also thanks to everyone in the X-S that has helped and supported us over the past months. Now that we have sorted the mem leak we should be able to move things along at a quicker pace. there will be a few more test builds released before we release a Final (Stable) build and we hope to get most of the users request's into neXgen so if anyone has anymore then post away and we'll see what we can do for you.

thanks again

I just cant wait any longer lol but the longer I suppose means a more stable and feature rich dashboard.

Hajaz

• Archived User
Keep Up The Good Work
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 01:57:00 PM »

sweet, maybe Xlink Kai support could be integrated now  (wink wink)

jsrlepage

• Archived User
Keep Up The Good Work
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 11:30:00 AM »

Just so that the XOS team does not feel "left behind"...

Your neXgen code takeback looks awesome. Look-wise, it REALLY tackles the MS original, and with some 3d work, I am ready to BET it can be used as a "replacement", function-wise, to MS Dash. And being a tHc user, I can safely give you my WORD that, and I swear before your personal God (it being your lover, whichever orientation you have), that THIS neXgen project will surely have me as one of its users. MP3 and OGG sound support, FTP / HTTP server et al... within a dash looking like MS's will surely make me one of its supporters. Better yet, if you integrate MySQL, Perl and PHP in the HTTP server (fsckingly SICK, i know), then the Xbox could very simply be used as a Home WebServer without taking the hassle of installing Linux. But the last sugg could easily be made as an app...

Let's just keep to the kickass-presently dashboard which will have the MS easiness and the geek-made power!

bucko

• Recovered User
Keep Up The Good Work
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2004, 12:54:00 PM »

Yer, thats what I like about it, looking like the original dash. Nexgen already has a HTTP server though it's only to control the xbox like reboot, eject cd etc. I think PHP & MySQL would be a hard thing to port.  XBMP one of there versions has a built in web server for serving HTML files, you could use that :).