xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Nexgen Bah  (Read 566 times)

The LukeMan

• Archived User
Nexgen Bah
« on: February 19, 2004, 08:59:00 AM »

I just tried this nexgen dash its the worst dash ive ever seen !

unleashx

• Archived User
Nexgen Bah
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 12:37:00 PM »

Why not tell the devs what and how you want it to look like, instead of putting it the way you did?

Dunny

• Archived User
Nexgen Bah
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 12:44:00 PM »

yeah I think that post lacked any constructive criticism

GameDTX

• Archived User
Nexgen Bah
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 03:07:00 PM »

QUOTE (The LukeMan @ Feb 19 2004, 04:59 PM)
I just tried this nexgen dash its the worst dash ive ever seen !

indeed i agree with you 100%..

The LukeMan

• Archived User
Nexgen Bah
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2004, 03:47:00 PM »

indeed i agree with you 100%..

Yep no arguments there lol  :lol:  

This post has been edited by The LukeMan on Feb 20 2004, 11:48 PM

HoRnEyDvL

• Administrator
Nexgen Bah
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2004, 03:52:00 PM »

Unm yes anyways

The LukeMan

• Archived User
Nexgen Bah
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2004, 04:49:00 AM »

QUOTE (HoRnEyDvL @ Feb 20 2004, 11:52 PM)
Unm yes anyways

If you like it you need glasses

SpOoK

• Recovered User
Nexgen Bah
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2004, 09:53:00 AM »

Thanks for theese most helpful posts.

all the criticism that we keep getting is about the look of neXgen. The releases we are putting out are not the final version by any means. We release them to get feedback for functionality and what users would like to have added not how the skin looks.

The skin that is used is there for testing and for skinners to take a look of how it all works so that they can make their own skins for neXgen. So this debate about looks is getting very old and starting to ware thin amongst users that are aware that theese are test releases and us the developers.

If you have any useful information to give then give it if not just stay clear of the neXgen forum it's not for you.

P.S.

The LukeMan:
If you like it you need glasses

I could say the same thing about the URL you have in your signature

The LukeMan

• Archived User
Nexgen Bah
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2004, 01:10:00 PM »

ye ok pal thats a work in progress

heinrich

• Archived User
Nexgen Bah
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2004, 02:51:00 PM »

QUOTE (The LukeMan @ Feb 21 2004, 04:10 PM)
ye ok pal thats a work in progress

and nexgen isn't?  :blink:
Thanks for putting your foot in your mouth.

LESTAT

• Archived User
Nexgen Bah
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2004, 03:20:00 PM »

foot in your mouth  lol hehehe

yeah but the whole thing about nexgen is,, this supposed "work in progrss" has been a work in progress for how long now ??
the criticism isnt about the look, although im sure thats some of it,, the criticism is because basically,, without a doubt,, the dashboard is poo.  
how long has it been out ?
how has it REALLY improved ?

i am NOT a programmer, but i have for a long time been involved in projects ranging from homebrew apps , to windows programming
and although i have never been involved with any xbox projects i still must say,, whom ever is programming this, let someone else do it, or possible tie in with someone and pool your knowledge together.
ive said it before,, unleashx came out of no where i dont even know if anyone heard of this until it was released and it was a near perfect release,, (i use perfect loosely but the glitches were VERY minor) and nexgen has been floating around NOT being worked on and NOT being used for how long?  i dont know but i know ive seen the name and dashboard at "you know where" for a very long time.
so yes i think we all realise that its just now being redone or reworked, but still. the argument is there,  what improvements. and who is testing it.  you released it last week and the thing didnt even boot. thats not a flaw thats downright stupidity.
was it even tested or just stealing code from other dashboards hoping it will work for nexgen. ?

im as openminded and willing as the next guy to try new stuff,, but not when the new stuff has been out for ages and has nothing but a history of bad things.

SpOoK

• Recovered User
Nexgen Bah
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2004, 03:48:00 PM »

Some people must be still confusing the the two neXgen teams.

0.95 and build released before that were released from a totaly different team of people and then the updates just suddenly stopped.

v1.0 of neXgen is being worked on by the XDashOS team who started working on it once the sources were made public. Now if you get the source release and compile it and give it a test you will know that it was very limited in what it could do. You couldn't even get a list of Games, Apps and Emu's from it. Now if you get the version we are working on you can clearly see what we are doing and whats added. There is alot of work ahead to get it upto scratch and we are aware of that and are making progress. We can't spend every minuite on neXgen as we do have real jobs and family to consider we just do it for fun and to give users that extra choice.

The Fixed release was released because the person that packaged it didn't have the updated skin set and was unaware of the changes that were made and that is what caused alot of the problems. This was pointed out to us when Dunny posted his cfg file.

The LukeMan

• Archived User
Nexgen Bah
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2004, 04:50:00 PM »

Ok i should have put something constructive and not just made a topic foul mouthing the software but i personally dislike it

bucko

• Recovered User
Nexgen Bah
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2004, 05:31:00 PM »

Ok i should have put something constructive and not just made a topic foul mouthing the software but i personally dislike it

Fucking twat. Stop making these shit threads they defeat the board.

LESTAT

• Archived User
Nexgen Bah
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2004, 06:09:00 PM »

you tell me right here right now how its being childish telling the truth,, and the truth is nexgen is very poorly coded, very poorly executed,, and go ahead and download the "FIXED" version from you know where,, it still dont work. and like i said in the "release thread"  if you expect someone to throw this on the root of C and try to boot their xbox your friggin nuts man.
it should be able to run from ANY folder on ANY of the partitions just like EVERY other application and dash out there.

and tell WHERE you have EVER seen ANY of the apps or dashes use this

<Games>EXTENDED:/games;STORAGE:/games</Games>
   <Applications>EXTENDED:/apps;STORAGE:/apps</Applications>
   <Emulators>EXTENDED:/emu;STORAGE:/emu</Emulators>
   <Sounds>c:/skins/waves</Sounds>
<DVDPlayer>Extended:\Apps\dvdx\default.xbe</DVDPlayer>

wtf is EXTENDED and STORAGE,, who has ever labelled stuff extended and storage, no one thats who.

but THAT isnt really a big deal it can be edited.
the big deal is that F:/Apps E:/APPS  F:/Games E:/Games  and Emus  have been the places that ALLLLLLL apps and dashes use.  why ? cuz that is how the X recognises them. those are the partitions names.
why even TRY to change it.
now if extended and storage mean E and F, and is coded into it, well your the first,,  which theoretically thats cool but again i ask where has it ever been used ? ive never even seen those mentioned anywhere.

personally YOUR acting like a child because i havent seen one person say they like it and your just being pissy about it.

im looking now for the thread about fixing the nexgen dash not booting but again i thought this was a fixed version,, not a "its fixed we think" version