xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Skin Desing  (Read 343 times)

athloni

• Archived User
Skin Desing
« on: January 13, 2004, 12:14:00 AM »

I think you should make the Cellbackground darkgreen instead of black. You should also add fog in the center of the screen. Just Like the original MSdash and UnleashX did.

HoRnEyDvL

• Administrator
Skin Desing
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2004, 02:00:00 AM »

yeah were are working on that but have had no luck yet so we might get some assistance form unleash-x him self :)

unleashx

• Archived User
Skin Desing
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2004, 03:11:00 AM »

I don't mind helping, like I said you can always ask.  ;)  . The fog is a bit tricky as it only works with certain RenderState. Change one bit and its gone. I found I have to reset RenderState every frame.

And While you're at it, you may wanna change the perspective to something closer to the MS Dash (the sphere background thing). I dont know, maybe it's just me, but I don't like a perspective with 180 deg angle :D .

I have a lot to suggest, but only if you like to hear them, of course. I also want to see and use a custom dash that is very close to MS. This was my dilemna when I was designing mine. I wanted to create something very close, but two things got in the way. One, I have to do a lot of models, which, if you embed them in the xbe itself, you'll end up with a huge app (in terms of physical size). Second, users won't have the capability (or I guess much flexibility) to change every aspect of the dash. They'll be limited to changing colors. But of course, if you're doing something that looks exactly like the MS dash, you don't have much of a choice. I just decided to go the other way.

Keep it up!

HoRnEyDvL

• Administrator
Skin Desing
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2004, 03:44:00 AM »

Yeah i wouldnot mind ur ideas just pop me a pm ill i take a look :)

yeah the models & size of the xbe are a problem thast y nexgen is fully customizable the models are not embeded into the xbe so small size.

Lua scripting has made nexgen very flexible :)