xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Couple Of Setup Question  (Read 262 times)

dougthug

• Archived User
Couple Of Setup Question
« on: January 04, 2004, 07:59:00 PM »

First off, nothing but comliments on nexgen.  In searching for answers to the questions I'm about to ask, it blows my mind how many people would bash nexgen.  Obviously, that brings up the old issue of why use it if you hate it so much.  I offer nothing but cuddos for the work.

Now, a couple of things:

First, is the WIP release supposed to have any audio?  In the 0.95 release, when you change your selections, you would hear the little noise (and in the games and applications menu, my whole block would here the noise).  With the WIP, nothing.  Games and applications play sound fine, but I was just wondering if there was supposed to be anthing now.

Second, some of the settings dont seem to do anything, and mostly I'm curious if thats just where it is at in the development cycle, or is my install just being dumb?  Specifically, the HDTV and the SPDIF ones.

Third, and this dosnt really belong here (but who knows if anyone is going to read this or not), in the old 0.95 release, the settings menu had the ability to reboot and shutdown (I think) the system from there.  That would be a nice added feature, but hey, I'm not even posting it in the feature requests section, so who cares.

As I said before, cuddos on the work.  There are so many alternatives, I can either use nexgen and look over some of the idiosyncrasies, or use something else and stop bitching.  Thanks.

HoRnEyDvL

• Administrator
Couple Of Setup Question
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2004, 08:12:00 PM »

Well the audio for menus hasnot been implemented yet got afew other things 2 finish off yet. The HDTv & SPDIF features should work but havent tested em will test em soon so i think we havent enabled this feature yet.

If ypou want to give it a try this is what u do.
open up settings.lua in notpade
locate --writeeepromtoxbox()
& get rid of the --
this should work but only do this if u backed up your eeprom & have a way 2 recover it.