xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Test Result For The New Wip Nexgen1.0!  (Read 379 times)

Hitteam

• Archived User
Test Result For The New Wip Nexgen1.0!
« on: December 24, 2003, 02:56:00 PM »

I am so glad to test the WIP Nexgen 1.0 before Xmas :lol: , and here are the problems or bugs I found out from that dashboard:

1. The main menu scroll speed is too fast. (it made me sometimes selete the wrong thing that I don't want to get .)
2. The scroll speed from the game selete menu is too slow, The old 0.95v can fast forward by useing the left&right trigger.
3. When I am trying to setup my clock, it frozen right there.
4. Skin can't save after changed
5. Only the first control canl control the dashboard
6. No turn off & reboot functions on that version. (I like these functions, sometimes it's cool to have that)
7. C,D,E,F.... drive become like system,stroage..... (it confused me, hope the new version can fix that.)
8. The background music doesn't working.
9. The dashboard still not very stable to use yet. (I use it for a day, it hanging pretty much)
10. The configure for Nexgen is pretty hard to setup. (Hope the new one will improve^^)
11. The game selete menu something is cover the game icon title, make them a little bit hard to see.
12. The background of the Nexgen is obvious to see those line moving around, the original dashboard doesn't looks like that.
13. There has no FTP information that we can see on the SETTING menu. (It's good to see that on the next release)
14. It won't stay in the same main menu u seleted, it always go back to the first one. So I have to go all the way down to selete the main menu that I want.

I am still testing it, but hope u guys Xmas and Happy New Year :D , I really can't wait for the complete release before or on Xmas day, that will be a good gift for us :jester:, BTW u guys did a really good job :P

This post has been edited by Hitteam on Dec 27 2003, 08:02 PM

Hitteam

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2003, 10:21:00 PM »

No one get any suggestion or try this new dashboard out yet? It's worth to try it out :lol:

HoRnEyDvL

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2003, 04:58:00 AM »

THnx for that hitteam  some of these issues will be resolved in the next version we release.

SNICK!

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2003, 01:44:00 AM »

i tested it too and same issues as hitteams

but all in all very good alpha version of the dash.

SpOoK

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2003, 07:49:00 AM »

Thanks for the feedback Hitteam,

I fixed some of the issues u mentioned above today, there are still a few outstanding issues to resolve but we should get them sorted out very soon.

P.S

If you find any more problems or bugs just post away as I check the forums very often and will make a note on anything that people submit

Hitteam

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2003, 04:22:00 PM »

*The background of the Nexgen is obvious to see those line moving around, the original dashboard doesn't looks like that :lol: Hope u guys can improve that one also.

I am testing this dashboard with running 25 different games from my HD to see if game will forzen after play for a while, I will post it later.