xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Features Request  (Read 570 times)

craigncheri

• Archived User
Features Request
« on: October 30, 2003, 07:57:00 AM »

It would be nice to see a dashboard that incorporates many of the tools we use
for example a dashboard that also has a hard drive loader built in so we don't have to launch px hdd, or a file browser/ copier so we dont need boxplorer, locking and unlocking hard drive options, etc. None of these are really needed we already have other great programs that do these things but it would be nice to see them all implemented into a dashboard.

Python

• Archived User
Features Request
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2003, 08:50:00 AM »

-A fast FTP system that when you upload an ISO to the xbox this ISO is automatically extracted. Or some app to do this in a more efficient way. Something like Avalaunch is trying to implement.
Unix have some FTP that when you download a file it auto compress that file to tar.gz and send to you the compressed one. Its more like that but in the opposite way, when you send an ISO the ftp system auto extract it.
It also could be a different file transfer system like SAMBA. Gues that´s more easy to implement but it would be eating too much RAM (I guess)
A new solution could also be created or other open source solutions implemented.

-A nice file manager so we don´t need to keep loading boxplorer everytime

-A very customizable skin system. Something that allows a total change of  the look and feel (That´s something to be implemented in future versions.

-The menu items like Games Apps should be loaded every time you enter then. When I upload a game to my xbox evox doesn´t list it in the menu. i have to reboor, run execute from ftp or load boxplorer to run the default.xbe.

-Another thing that bothers me in evox is that load screen. I don´t know if it´s necessary or it only shows that screen that take a long time to appear for fun.

-The ability to manage savegame files like the original dash does is a nice feature too so we don´t need to keep loading the original dash to do this.
Also a backup system from the savegames you select could be created and compressed.

fantoboy

• Archived User
Features Request
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2003, 08:59:00 AM »

Make sure you keep the icon windows, I really like those (the little xbx pics next to everything)  I went crazy and made little xbxs for everything in my old nexgen.

And please please allow sub sections within sections.  For example I'd like to have a pc emulators section within my emulators section.  Or if I'm using 2 n64 emulators,  have them both in a sub-section for n64 under the emulator section.

and of course there better be >137 gig support

thanks, nexgen has always been my favorite!

revengeismyfury

• Archived User
Features Request
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2003, 09:31:00 AM »

I would like an Ingame reset added into the dashboard like evox has even though it isnt really needed I need it cause I have an execter v1 modchip if yall put that in nexgen i would switch in a heart beat and you can have the default set to off so that people with newer modchips dont go crazy on why you put it in and i would turn it on for mine its for people that have older generation modchips like me and also if someone could tell me how to enable write support on executer v1 that would be great cause i know its more than likely possible email me at [email protected] and also last app support like that one dude said on the other forum add in the background support for chatting with your headset to play against your friend and beable to use your headset in game like halo for example just a thought

gonkle

• Archived User
Features Request
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2003, 10:44:00 AM »

First, chance to add custom Menus/Items to the frontpage.
wasn´t able to add menus in the alpha, all was under storage, thats crap.
Second, a interface to view/load roms and for the emulators, please with screenshots :luv:

manekineko

• Archived User
Features Request
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2003, 11:17:00 AM »

Long file name support!

athloni

• Archived User
Features Request
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2003, 11:27:00 AM »

Widescreen support  :ph34r:

SlaYer

• Archived User
Features Request
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2003, 01:01:00 PM »

Well, asside from the obvious I would like to see:

1) The ability to "PROTECT" sensitive menus or options with a preset controller key sequence, kinda like the Xbox Live password.
This will prevent guests or anyone else from accessing options we deem sensitive.

2) Also, I'd like to see some sort of auto-update system where the Dash will download updates and fixes for itself online (protected by a password as described above)

3) Next, and in tune with request #2, If there are optional sounds and skins, have the ability to download new ones from within the Dash and delete old ones.

4) Finally, adding some of the features I currently use in EvoX for automated file copy to allow the Dash to be the core of an installer. Maybe even add Flash support,  ConfigMagic and PAL<-->NTSC code....

Well, only time will tell....

Looking forward to it guys!

This post has been edited by SlaYer on Oct 30 2003, 09:05 PM

EGOvoruhk

• Archived User
Features Request
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2003, 01:14:00 PM »

DVD-Menu type transitions using MPEG2 video. How sweet would it be to create your high quality own boot screen?

Ability to hide everything, so that just a picture/movie is showing.

OXM Demo Disk type video demos

Ability to add a readme for each program that would display with the video demo, kind of like OXM's Demo Disk

Hidden menus, in the same vein as Slayer's idea, except you can't see them until you press the "combo"

More later...

orochipower

• Archived User
Features Request
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2003, 04:07:00 PM »

Hi , I have some ideas that I would really like to see in the project

1) FTP resume support

2) A saves manager like in the original m$ dash

3) Connection to #xbins so that we can download xbox emus and unzip them WITHOUT having to usa a pc to do all that

4) Connection to somewhere  (HTTP or elsewhere) that we can download and upload our saves  and post a message ( like a player challenging the other to break his record)  that would be really awesome

5) Xbox music mixer clone

dmc

• Archived User
Features Request
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2003, 03:34:00 AM »

the disk defragmentation can be nice for us  :jester:

madsciencetist

• Archived User
Features Request
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2003, 03:14:00 PM »

Remote xbe running via ftp and http. For example you could http connect, run linux, and VNC in.

Dunny

• Archived User
Features Request
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2003, 11:01:00 AM »

I just want to see a the bog-standard working dashboard release.  ;)

fantoboy

• Archived User
Features Request
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2003, 04:37:00 PM »

Volume control on the menu sounds!  That doink doink is so loud on the older nexgen.

brainstane

• Archived User
Features Request
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2003, 11:02:00 AM »

Excellent ideas, everybody. Sub-menu capability is probably my biggest want right now. The way my xbox is set up is by application groupings..i.e an emulator folder and inside that a sub-folder for each emulator application I have installed..kawa-x, Xsnex..ect.
 A Dashboard folder and within that subfolders for Nexgen, MXM..ect. A media_players folder and within that XBMP and XBMC..ect.(a very basic setup Im sure most of you also follow)  It's important to be able to easily "ape" this structure from the menu.xml like evox does with the { function.

Also, the ability to play background music like avalaunch does when the xbox is idle would be very nice. This is one of my favorite avalaunch features as I normally just fire up the xbox every morning and let avalaunch do random play until its time to go to work.

Also