xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Its All Gone Quiet!  (Read 609 times)

Dunny

• Archived User
Its All Gone Quiet!
« on: September 30, 2003, 09:31:00 AM »

Theres no new updates here or xboxopensource.  Is the dash almost ready for its first release, or is there still a lot of work to be done??

Heet

• Archived User
Its All Gone Quiet!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2003, 10:30:00 AM »

Not surprised.  That code was like a few scrambled eggs from what i heard.  A bunch of really good coders wouldnt even touch it because they said you may as well just start from scratch.  The guys undertaking this have balls.  So when it comes out, it will definately be something to appreciate.

This post has been edited by Heet on Sep 30 2003, 07:59 PM

rickwhois

• Archived User
Its All Gone Quiet!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2003, 05:48:00 PM »

probably better that way. now it seems like they are actually working on it instead of making reviews of every little update they make. much respect

JD22

• Archived User
Its All Gone Quiet!
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2003, 08:22:00 PM »

Does anyone know an eta for xdashos?

wwarneck

• Archived User
Its All Gone Quiet!
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2003, 09:54:00 PM »

Most of the code is being rewritten, which is definitely a good thing.  Because it's a huge undertaking, and we don't want to end up with hurried code that isn't better than the previous codebase, there isn't an ETA yet.

The developers appreciate the inquiries, and they're pumped to get a new version out.  When more details present themselves there will be an update posted.  Until then ...

Thanks.

JD22

• Archived User
Its All Gone Quiet!
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2003, 07:33:00 AM »

<_<

xboxmodinstaller

• Archived User
Its All Gone Quiet!
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2003, 08:29:00 AM »

The coders should just give up, nexgen sucks

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Its All Gone Quiet!
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2003, 12:21:00 PM »

QUOTE (xboxmodinstaller @ Oct 8 2003, 10:29 AM)

You are an idiot.

If you could code your way out of a paper sack (which you can't), you would still have no room to talk... as it is, you are one of a select, miniscule, and persistently ignorant bunch of tards who think criticizing FREE SOFTWARE is somehow cool.

You have an easy choice - don't use it. Ignore the topic. Look the other way.

See, that's not really so hard, is it?

Otherwise, I would come to the conclusion you are a useless ass who's only purpose is to come in here and cause trouble, and we ban those jerks.

These guys have taken up a big effort, and it will take them a lot of time to sort things out. Hopefully, they will use the examples set by others in revamping the neXgen code into something useful for a bigger audience. As it is, neXgen has a solid core of followers, and they matter a whole lot more to the XdashOS Team than you ever will.

SNICK!

• Archived User
Its All Gone Quiet!
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2003, 12:32:00 PM »

well said ben jeremy
i couldnt agee more

shortstuff22090

• Archived User
Its All Gone Quiet!
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2003, 06:22:00 PM »

ya i agree too

swolsten

• Archived User
Its All Gone Quiet!
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2003, 01:26:00 AM »

What a good statement.

Well by your name xboxmodinstaller can we take it that you charge for installing mods?

I wonder how many mods you would sell  install if there were no apps (or bios's) written for free by people giving up their time.

How many times have you been helped by forums, chat rooms to fix problems?

How much have you made out of re-distributing free software and charging M$ prices?

Who makes the most money, programmers, supporters or f**kers that charge to install other peoples work?

Who makes the most flames on the forums, programmers, supporters or f**kers that charge to install other peoples work?

Who knows f**k all, programmers, supporters or f**kers that charge to install other peoples work?

Who cares?

Look forward to your reply  :D

whiffin

• Archived User
Its All Gone Quiet!
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2003, 06:59:00 AM »

QUOTE (xboxmodinstaller @ Oct 8 2003, 02:29 PM)

You w**ker!

muerte

• Archived User
Its All Gone Quiet!
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2003, 03:47:00 PM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Oct 8 2003, 01:21 PM)

You are an idiot.

If you could code your way out of a paper sack (which you can't), you would still have no room to talk... as it is, you are one of a select, miniscule, and persistently ignorant bunch of tards who think criticizing FREE SOFTWARE is somehow cool.

Otherwise, I would come to the conclusion you are a useless ass who's only purpose is to come in here and cause trouble, and we ban those jerks.

These guys have taken up a big effort, and it will take them a lot of time to sort things out. Hopefully, they will use the examples set by others in revamping the neXgen code into something useful for a bigger audience. As it is, neXgen has a solid core of followers, and they matter a whole lot more to the XdashOS Team than you ever will.

i dunno, bj... i wouldn't ban him just because he was shitting out his mouth.  he definately isn't talking out of experience.  let's just call him a nobody, and move along.

JD22

• Archived User
Its All Gone Quiet!
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2003, 06:46:00 PM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Oct 8 2003, 07:21 PM)

You are an idiot.

punked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

illicit-

• Archived User
Its All Gone Quiet!
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2003, 02:43:00 PM »

I hope these fuckers quit. You suck xdashos team! Stop trying you peices of shit.