xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Live Update Available Now!  (Read 1078 times)

KAGE360

• Archived User
Live Update Available Now!
« on: June 06, 2006, 06:27:00 AM »

The guys from MS released the Xbox 360 Spring Dashboard update today as Major Nelson announced before. Now we can all enjoy the new features off the Dashboard. It isn’t a suprise anymore for what we get in this dashboard update, because there was so much news already available about the update. For all the people that missed the fuzz, there is a video available from Major Nelson with all the major updates in it. The full list of 125(!) updates can be found here.

http://www.xboxic.com/news/977

go figure im having internet problems now  uhh.gif

Post impressions of the update

tgm4883

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 08:47:00 AM »

Just got the update.  It broke my xbox.  I had GRAW in the drive when I booted up, said there was an update so I got the update.  It downloaded and installed then rebooted my xbox.  When it booted back up it froze on the purple rings of the ubisoft intro and there were scratchy sounds.  I had to go press the power button on the console to turn it off.  I restarted with the game in again and it stayed at a black screen.  I then ejected the game and turned the console off.  I started it again and it went to the dashboard.  I then set it up so it would always boot to dashboard.  Then I inserted GRAW again and it froze in the same purple rings.  I will try a different game and report back.

My console is not modded in any way.  I have never opened it, never had any problems with it before.  It is a December core with added hard drive.

Update at your own risk.

tgm4883

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 09:29:00 AM »

----------------------------
Update to previous post
----------------------------

After talking with 18004myxbox, we have been able to recreate the problem a few times but not consistently.  The lady I talked to thought it may have been the hard drive, but we are not sure.  I have a ticket number and am watching it closely.  She also thought it may have been an overheating problem, but I had only had the xbox on for 5 minutes when it happened.  I would be interested to know if anyone else is having problems.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now on to the update.

I have played around with it, the background downloading is pretty cool and the way xbox marketplace is arranged is much better.  I dont have a remote for it and I dont play music on it so someone else will have to comment on that.

It still says play game so I am not sure what the better game recognition is all about.  Maybe its "better to recognize if its on official dvd media".  I wouldn't know cause im not modded.

pennywisdom

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 10:46:00 AM »

i love the new update but there is nothing to recognize games easier. cant wait to see if people with modded firmware are getting raped right now or not.

Jimz360

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 02:08:00 PM »

Im happy with the update, but put making custom playlist's are still crap, as you can't play any of the songs while creating them!  mad.gif

89c4l98

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 03:52:00 PM »

the update also broke my 360.... err... 3 rol now with no video intermitent

tgm4883

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 10:54:00 PM »

Ok, just had the freezing problem again when trying to play battlefield 2 demo.  Turned the system off and unhooked the hard drive.  Played graw for about 2 minutes in single system multiplayer, by myself.  Froze after about 2 minutes.

So not the hard drive, and not an overheating issue.  At least im not having the 3ROL issue that some people are having, but I think that it is definently an issue with the dashboard update.

Maybe a mod could come along and combine the two threads this is being talked about in?
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=518652

VinnySem

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 02:06:00 PM »

I've had that problem before the update. Call MS and get a replacement. It will start happening more frequently until your 360 is a big white $400 paperweight.

tgm4883

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 02:52:00 PM »

called ms, see the thread i linked to.  There is a big discussion going on about it.

sofa king dumb

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 04:02:00 PM »

has anyone tried a usb webcam for the camera?

amb7247

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2006, 11:46:00 PM »

same thing happened to me. Have my xbox since december and now because of this latest update it broke my xbox. I had to bring it back to ebgames and get a new one. Glad I got the warranty.

Dalpura

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 09:19:00 PM »

I'm not even updated and I fucking hate it. I can't connect to Live (and therefore I cannot play online) without the update. I've reset the Xbox about 20 fucking times, and I've got the update message maybe three times - everything I click yes update now it says there was an error installing it. Is there somewhere I can download and transfer it to the Xbox? This is shitting me beyond belief. I paid $100 for the Gold Live kit and I can't use it, ridiculous. I had the same problem updating Kameo and PDZ, took about 5 resets then it installed fine. No not this.

xboxexpert

• Recovered User
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2006, 12:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(Dalpura @ Jun 9 2006, 11:19 PM) *

I'm not even updated and I fucking hate it. I can't connect to Live (and therefore I cannot play online) without the update. I've reset the Xbox about 20 fucking times, and I've got the update message maybe three times - everything I click yes update now it says there was an error installing it. Is there somewhere I can download and transfer it to the Xbox? This is shitting me beyond belief. I paid $100 for the Gold Live kit and I can't use it, ridiculous. I had the same problem updating Kameo and PDZ, took about 5 resets then it installed fine. No not this.

Goto System,  Goto memory, click on the HDD, when your on the rename button press X, X, Left Bumper button, Right Bumper Button, X, X.   It will ask to perform maintenance select yes.  It should wipe out any temp stuff on the hdd and clear the cache.  If that doesn't work I dunno how to fix it for you.

281R

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2006, 04:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(89c4l98 @ Jun 6 2006, 03:52 PM) View Post

the update also broke my 360.... err... 3 rol now with no video intermitent

same problem.... grr.gif
Has anyone that is out of warranty gotten MS to help them out on this?