xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: One Type Of Router Problem Solved For Live  (Read 782 times)

robbah99

• Archived User
One Type Of Router Problem Solved For Live
« on: December 13, 2005, 02:01:00 AM »

Hi, just wanted to share a solution that has worked for me.

My problem was that I had lots of problems connecting to other people's games.
Both PGR3 and PDZ disconnected so I could not join. Maybe I got it to work 1 out of 10-20 times.

So I wired the 360 straight to the ADSL modem and it worked. But when I connected it back to my router (DLink 624+) it had problems connecting to games. Live worked fine otherwise (chat etc).

My router was set to keep my 360 in DMZ and when testing Live connection on the 360, all was well and NAT was Open.

I had configured my router to hand out static IP to the 360. It should bloody damn work !!!!
Well, it did not.

I finally got it to work flawlessly. This is how:

You MUST go to the System page on the 360 and set the IP to Manual (static) and punch in the exact same IP that the router hands out. When I set the Xbox to Automatic it will not work.

So:
Router hands out static IP to 360 in the DMZ and 360 set to Automatic IP = WORKS LIKE CRAP !!
Router hands out static IP to 360 in the DMZ and 360 set to Manual IP = WORKS LIKE A DREAM !!

Hope this helps someone else !!!

/Robert

justin_k

• Archived User
One Type Of Router Problem Solved For Live
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 10:37:00 PM »

I'll try that when I get my replacement 360 back from MS hopefully at the end of the week.  My Live works about "50%".  I can get online in PDZ and Q4 but as in your case it only works occasionally finding a game.  I cannot get online with madden or tiger woods AT ALL.  I have heard there is a problem with my particular router (Netgear RO318 and Xbox live tho -- I refuse to replace my router just to get live working however)