xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Emulator Exploit(s)  (Read 1060 times)

briaguya

• Archived User
Emulator Exploit(s)
« on: November 12, 2005, 09:50:00 PM »

wondering if anyone agrees with me about these ideas, one of them is that because of the fact that you can burn yourself a copy of the updater for the emulator disc, meaning we'll have an iso to work with off the bat, something we didn't have with the xbox...

i was also thinking about if it was possible to transfer gamesaves if we could just transfer the exploited saves to the 360 and try running an exploit to gain ftp access to it, but the save transferring was shot down so there goes that idea.

mckenn88

• Recovered User
Emulator Exploit(s)
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 11:57:00 PM »

i was thinking the same thing, that would be a bigger head start than on the xbox.

Romps

• Archived User
Emulator Exploit(s)
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 04:39:00 AM »

U prolly wont be able to use the gamesave exploites
But they nothing to say that one of the updates cant be exploited at some time since u can burn them cd as  say and load them on to your 360 from cd.

I sopose it depends on the secruity they have added coz from what i remember reading they seem to have secruity added into everything inside the 360

So it may have to be a hardwear exploit and not a software one this time round but u never know
u cant go thinking of how xbox was done and thinking oh we can do this do that its a complete new scenario now

it may never be done or could be months years or (hopefully) days hours weeks :)

This post has been edited by Romps: Nov 13 2005, 12:41 PM

aepuppetmaster

• Archived User
Emulator Exploit(s)
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 02:46:00 PM »

it sounds like it could be promising but i don't think it will work.   1 M$ is hella stupid, but not retarded.  by this i mean that the things are prabably encrypted (al la psp) so that kinda wouldn't work.  the only slip up i could think of is that every xbox would have to have the same encrytion code and maybe if someone could hardmod, get the code, and encrypt it with that (or via the xbox 360 itself) and give it out we might be in buisness.

briaguya

• Archived User
Emulator Exploit(s)
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 03:37:00 PM »

i'm just thinking that software exploits might just be the way to go nowadays, because of the psp stuff with the overflow.tif and other things, there's got to be some way to exploit it, i mean think about how fast psp 1.5 got cracked, how fast the ds passme's came out, so if that's the way it's going i think the 360 may not be as mod-proof as they think...

pmh

• Archived User
Emulator Exploit(s)
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 03:59:00 PM »

My bet is if by some miricale it did work, it would be stuck in the emulated sandbox.

aepuppetmaster

• Archived User
Emulator Exploit(s)
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2005, 04:43:00 PM »

im worried that they may update the dash and shazzle via live so we get fraqed too.

briaguya

• Archived User
Emulator Exploit(s)
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2005, 05:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(aepuppetmaster @ Nov 13 2005, 06:43 PM)
im worried that they may update the dash and shazzle via live so we get fraqed too.

which is why i refuse to connect my 360 to my network

Neptune

• Archived User
Emulator Exploit(s)
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2005, 05:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(briaguya @ Nov 13 2005, 08:17 PM)
which is why i refuse to connect my 360 to my network

lol

NeoJew

• Archived User
Emulator Exploit(s)
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2005, 08:29:00 PM »

Just check these forums before going on Live, I'm sure as soon as a Firmware update or somethign is sneeked on it'll be at the top of the boards. If you don't see any commotion, just log on.