xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: ex-XNA member Weller about Xbox LIVE Community Games  (Read 238 times)

pdx98

• Archived User
ex-XNA member Weller about Xbox LIVE Community Games
« on: July 23, 2008, 07:06:00 AM »

I feel the same thing goes for regular games. There should be a demo of every game. I'd be pretty pissed if I bought Iron Man without playing the demo. That game sucks

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 07:14:00 AM »

I pretty much said this in an older thread...but in other words...seems if I say it again people will think I'm wrong.

crobar

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 08:48:00 AM »

this reminds me of the whole flash games craze...
there are a whole shit ton of flash games out there lots are garbage some are actually fun and a few rise above them all and become must play amazing acts of indy game creation.
The same will happen with xna there will be a lot of shit and some good and a hand full of awesomeness.

DMAddict

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 02:57:00 PM »

This seems to fall right in line with MS thinking; hide all quality comments from consumers and let them figure out on their own after they paid for something shitty. Remember that little issue RROD.

teamparadox

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 04:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(DMAddict @ Jul 23 2008, 10:33 PM) View Post

This seems to fall right in line with MS thinking; hide all quality comments from consumers and let them figure out on their own after they paid for something shitty. Remember that little issue RROD.

Give me a break.  This applies to almost all games.  You think every game should have a review posted on XBL or PSN?  If you need to look up a review for a retail game before you buy then im sure you can do the same here.

If you wanna whine about something why not whine about the fact that on PSN there are no demo's for those junk PSN exclusive titles.  1 of them (Pain) is somewhat decent but only for an hour or so.  I didnt see any review or rating when I was browsing the store, nor was I offered a refund for the **** bowling game I bought off PSN.

Why should an XNA game be any different?  Dont know if you should buy?  Then use a forum and ask.  Im sure since these people want to make money they will also make a trial version just like every XBLA game has.  It only makes sense and since these games are coming from the community they know people want demo's and if they dont make one chances are its not a very good game.