xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Official 'RetroArch v0.9.7' Released  (Read 921 times)

MrFish

• Archived User
Official 'RetroArch v0.9.7' Released
« on: September 14, 2012, 03:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(Dante_Ali @ Aug 26 2012, 02:54 AM) View Post

you shouldn't want the Overscan options - instead, what you're looking for is the "Resize Mode' option in the Ingame Menu. Press Right Thumb Stick while in-game, select 'Resize Mode', resize the screen according to the onscreen instructions, then exit out of that mode.

Unless I'm missing something, this only resizes the game, not the UI (which remains stuffed, unusable, off the top-left of the screen).

For anyone else with this problem, the "-utton" to save the settings is the "B Button". X shows the game, and Y replaces your settings with the default fullscreen.

xboxdawg

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 12:26:00 PM »

Anyone tried this yet?

x Yo1nK x

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 08:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(xboxdawg @ Aug 24 2012, 10:26 AM) View Post

Anyone tried this yet?

Yes and it works quite well, I'm just trying to get a list going of games compatible with the sega cd emulator. My friend wants to play the title Night Trap but i'm not so sure it will work as all I can find in an iso of it and thats not on the list of extensions. =(

cablematrix

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 09:32:00 PM »

Sweet.
 I will have to check this out.

juntistik

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 07:05:00 PM »

Doesn't scale correctly on my XBOX1, tried using overscan option but I can barely see it and I think its only for the games, not the menu itself. Pretty useless on xbox 1 for me. displayed on composite at 480i on an NTSC LCD.

Dante_Ali

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 08:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(juntistik @ Aug 26 2012, 03:05 AM) View Post

Doesn't scale correctly on my XBOX1, tried using overscan option but I can barely see it and I think its only for the games, not the menu itself. Pretty useless on xbox 1 for me. displayed on composite at 480i on an NTSC LCD.

I should have mentioned in the README that the Overscan options currently are not hooked up for Xbox 1 - the reason that option is there at all (as a placeholder) is because the menu code is shared inbetween PS3 and Xbox 1.

However, you shouldn't want the Overscan options - instead, what you're looking for is the "Resize Mode' option in the Ingame Menu. Press Right Thumb Stick while in-game, select 'Resize Mode', resize the screen according to the onscreen instructions, then exit out of that mode.

The 'Resize Mode' is tied to the 'Custom' aspect ratio - so the settings you change in the Resize Mode menu will affect that specfic aspect ratio option.

Hope this helped explain.