xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Dash Launch v2.32  (Read 1248 times)

DARKFiB3R

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.32
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2012, 05:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(ruciz @ Mar 4 2012, 04:42 PM) View Post

wait, coz is stopping dashlaunch development now, and the XeBuild team is giving up because of xecuter's fusion kernel announcement? guess FSD is dead in the water then too.

I can't see that as true - but interest may be so low that it isn't worth the bother.

Also coz is a great software developer, I think he enjoys the challenges with it.

What are you talking about? This doesn't affect xebuild or fsd - if you knew anything you'd know that some of the xecuter guys are active as staff in those irc channels and work alongside those teams. The Fusion kernel will work WITH those projects and enhance them. If you knew anything you'd see that they are testing DemoN with Fusion and FSD / RXE. Where do you people get your silly info from?

Xecuter even helped cOz by supplying him with hardware for him to work on his next big project, which he will now have lots of time to do.

Enough of the lame rumours and just enjoy - cOz hasn't gone anywhere - its just that dashlaunch is at the end of its life cycle - nothing more nothing less.

Julets

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.32
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2012, 07:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(rami1 @ Mar 5 2012, 02:41 AM) View Post

Even if EA servers are up, I don't think You could connect to them...
But I will be very happy If I am wrong smile.gif.

Well, it will let me create an account...not sure. I wish there was just a little bit more info on what this does in application.

ruciz

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.32
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2012, 07:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(DARKFiB3R @ Mar 5 2012, 01:52 AM) View Post

What are you talking about? This doesn't affect xebuild or fsd - if you knew anything you'd know that some of the xecuter guys are active as staff in those irc channels and work alongside those teams. The Fusion kernel will work WITH those projects and enhance them. If you knew anything you'd see that they are testing DemoN with Fusion and FSD / RXE. Where do you people get your silly info from?

Xecuter even helped cOz by supplying him with hardware for him to work on his next big project, which he will now have lots of time to do.

Enough of the lame rumours and just enjoy - cOz hasn't gone anywhere - its just that dashlaunch is at the end of its life cycle - nothing more nothing less.

never read the NFO, was just going on this thread. Guess DashLaunch is done! thanks for the contribution coz. Hope the next challenge is just as rewarding!

danthaman673

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.32
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2012, 08:37:00 PM »

Thanks again to cOz, Node21 and everyone else who has made homebrew on the xbox 360 what it is today! I thank you guys sincerely from the bottom of my heart.

You may not realise it, but you have contributed to improving the quality of lives for many people, including handicapped children who's parents may now be able to afford everything that comes with a retail kernel due to their added expenses and what-not. You tireless efforts have improved their lives and that of their parents. This is something I have witnessed first-hand. The way you guys kept adding features that added functionality(or removed it) which allow parents to tailor their console to their child's needs in ways that cannot be done with normal retail consoles (eg some kids have trouble handling discs etc..) It's truly amazing, and I salute you all!

It is a pity that some of us have used the wonderful opportunities to do silly things that invite the wrath of M$, but the next-time thinking about that gets you down or has you questioning your motives, I suggest you remember the others you have helped. Neural-Plasticity is an area which is as-yet relatively un-explored form a console-game standpoint, But I can tell you that the interactions etc.. Have a positive effect  on kids who's brains fall outside the norm. I have seen some quiet kids who wont look  you in the eye or talk to being very happy and interactive individuals and a large part of that is their use of a console that allows them to choose games to their liking and try them (try to do this for them is very difficult as you can't tell what they will like) Also many of these kids find reading difficult, and may not take well to the constant stream of dash updates, keeping them playing new games seems to be good for them, but they can find dash-updates overwhelming if they can't find their games.  FSD and DL have given them the needed consistency for the to learn to recognize basic words etc..

Anyways, I'm even more busy these days (if that's possible) and wasn't sure when I might find another time to mention this, now seemed appropriate. Perhaps you guys can pass it on to other homebrew devs, as I may not get the chance to do it properly.

Brgds Dan

rami1

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.32
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 11:42:00 AM »

I have also read it there... I Hope this not true.
QUOTE(Toddler @ Mar 5 2012, 08:20 PM) View Post

....there is discussion over at the TX forums where one of the admins says a DemoN is required.

RRoD420

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.32
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 02:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(Spooning @ Mar 4 2012, 06:19 PM) View Post
fakelive = true

Get title update and try your XBLIG now! surprise surprise  wink.gif

SO? What is the outcome? What does this new, secret unfinished feature do when you start a XBLA game using a live account (when enabled)??

Spooning

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.32
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 03:31:00 PM »

Have you ever tried to play a Xbox Live INDIE GAME without XboxLive?
Then u should know whats so special  blink.gif

ddxcb

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.32
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 03:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(Spooning @ Mar 5 2012, 02:31 PM) View Post

You know that youtube is a XNA game right tongue.gif

omb

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.32
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 07:37:00 PM »

Thanks for the release I also like the authors sense of humor.

rolleyes.gif  I cant believe no one else saw it.

- if you think I'm quitting at 232 you're more retarded than you look

biggrin.gif

DARKFiB3R

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.32
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2012, 08:21:00 PM »

lol, totally missed that. Sneaky biggrin.gif

RRoD420

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.32
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2012, 01:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(ravendrow @ Mar 5 2012, 05:05 PM) View Post

i think it might be a way to get apps like netflix working on rgh basically faking a live signin so you can use the app...gonna try it out tonight will report back

QUOTE(Spooning @ Mar 5 2012, 05:31 PM) View Post
That's fuckin amazing.

DaBuisneZ

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.32
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2012, 07:20:00 AM »

Man i was hoping that fakelive would launch netflix,youtube, ect...... No go on my end though. Still launching indie games are sweet. Also seems like deja vu around here. Last time we had dev issues the scene died for a good minute. Either way im with CoZ all day. I will always be a grateful follower of his. Just like Node21 i appreciate everything they do regardless of how small and no amount of SCENE DRAMA will change that. So instead of fueling the drama how about we all put a plug in it? agreed?

P.S darkfiber you rock, That is all (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

kero

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.32
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2012, 03:39:00 AM »

Is there somewhere where we can post possible issues?

; attempts to disable popups related to signing in, like "live is blocked" and similar
; !! WARNING OTHER THINGS DO USE THIS DIALOG AND DETECTING THAT IT'S A LOGIN DIALOG MAY NOT BE PERFECT !!
; !! to sign into live profiles other than auto signing on boot you MUST accept the 'check live for updates' dialog BEFORE enabling this option !!
; if not set this value will be FALSE
signnotice = false

signnotice is not working properly for me:
If you set it to false (default), it still does not show achievments pop. It does fix the boot to dash issue even when you set this to false (so its like you have set this value to true)
So then i tried setting it to true and it now totally skips the pop up window when you sign in. But still it does not show any achievments pop.

So false or true im not getting any display of achievments when they pop.

cory1492

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.32
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2012, 04:19:00 AM »

singnotice has nothing to do with the bubble messages that pop up and tell you things. You might try messing with bootdelay and see if that is impacting those messages for you.. I know for me I only sometimes see the one that says "player signed in" at boot time, but always see achievement ones.

Man i was hoping that fakelive would launch netflix,youtube, ect......

It does, but then the apps tell you that you need a gold account. I assume atm it's looking for a lobby like a multiplayer game would.

kero

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.32
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2012, 05:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(cory1492 @ Mar 8 2012, 12:19 PM) View Post

singnotice has nothing to do with the bubble messages that pop up and tell you things. You might try messing with bootdelay and see if that is impacting those messages for you.. I know for me I only sometimes see the one that says "player signed in" at boot time, but always see achievement ones.

I found the reason. There is a new setting in the dash to hide pop ups. Turn that on and the achievments appear again when they pop.
Pages: 1 [2] 3