xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dash Launch v2.29  (Read 572 times)

danthaman673

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.29
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 11:28:00 PM »

Actually guys, I was wrong, I can't seem to get validly signed (new) XBLA titles to run as full version (not just broken signatures!)

Perhaps I need to yaris patch and then go thru everything with lefluffie and re-sign (if that even works, I doubt it as the Xbox equivalent of MD5 whos name escapes me is probably somehow being checked on the fly even if le-fluffie pads it or what ever it does to fudge the one-way hash)

SO ... basically I am once again pleading with anyone to have a go at either making a .xex-based (or PC based if need be) tool to remove and re-patch yaris/xm360 patched files and repair the sig etc.. And then maybe I can find a version of dash-launch that runs the new/any XBLA games as-is(un-patched state) which I am struggling to find for some reason ..... It could be just me (and that wouldnt be a first ;-) but the changlog doesn't seem to be consistent with what I am seeing on the new metro-dash?

So pls any help would be hugely appreciated!! This might be an ideal project for someone looking to put a new RGdev-box to good use. I'm sure ppl will donate if they can to compensate anyone willing to devote time to sorting this mess. I'm guessing there may be some-sort of interaction going there between DL and new kernel, but I'm not up on that stuff enough to figure it out on my own.

If anyone needs a list of games not working/testing or anything else of that nature, then let me know PM etc, and I will bend over backwards happily to help out.

Brgds/Dan

wang_chung

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.29
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2012, 05:32:00 PM »

i don't think this is a bug, as i am the only one apparently reporting it, but once i install dash launch, i can no longer launch any game, whether original disc, backup disc or a GOD container from NXE.

if i set launch.ini to boot to FSD (latest version off team fsd's site), it hangs at the 360 logo splash screen. if i set the launch.ini file to shutdown on fatal errors, it shuts down at this point instead of hanging.

i have tried the following:

re-flashed with flash360
re-flashed with nand flasher
re-created nand with xebuild
re-created nand with xebuild gui
re-installed dash launch off hdd instead of usb
re-download dash launch from xbins and installed off hdd
tried dash launch 2.27 (lowest version that supports 14699)

if i remove my hdd after installing dash launch, it will boot to nxe and load games (only have xex loader and rockband, both of which work).

i have a small block jasper with 14699, which worked fine with 13599 and dash launch 2.24. i did however forget to update my dvd drive to lt+3.0 after i initially upgraded to 14699, but have since done this. any help would be appreciated.

ddxcb

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.29
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2012, 08:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(wang_chung @ Feb 7 2012, 04:32 PM) View Post

i don't think this is a bug, as i am the only one apparently reporting it, but once i install dash launch, i can no longer launch any game, whether original disc, backup disc or a GOD container from NXE.

"xextool -cu -ed" the xexs to it works with 2.29, as the read me says, retail encrypted xex wont load.

wang_chung

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.29
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 12:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(ddxcb @ Feb 7 2012, 10:49 PM) View Post

"xextool -cu -ed" the xexs to it works with 2.29, as the read me says, retail encrypted xex wont load.

ok, but i can't even load xex menu, or fsd, neither of which are retail? i know it says it needs to be validly signed, but really, if the new fsd isn't validly signed, then what are other people doing for their dash? everyone is using NXE and then not playing any games or using any homebrew? what is the point of having a console you can't use?

Pages: 1 [2]