xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dash Launch v2.29  (Read 571 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.29
« on: December 31, 2011, 05:10:00 PM »

Dash Launch v2.29
Posted by XanTium | December 31 19:10 EST | News Category: Xbox360

cOz released a new version of Dash Launch build for XDK-homebrew RGH/JTAG 360s.

What's new/fixed:
* expanded temp broadcaster to include PE Name and path of current title
* added titleid and mediaid output to temp logger
* fixed a bug in unhandled-exception handler (could cause freeze/multiple consecutive exceptions)
* add title module PE name and path to exception log
* contpatch completely rewritten, now takes over checking license bits entirely for xam when enabled (may break... things, or allow some to work that shouldn't/crash)

Official Site: n/a, by cOz
Download: n/a (built with XDK)
Full Readme/NFO: xbins.org

[blt]

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.29
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 07:37:00 PM »

yaris patch doesn't work for me with this version, 2.28 ok

cory1492

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.29
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 12:20:00 AM »

you'll have to be a little more specific than that [blt]
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?s=&...t&p=4846500
the new contpatch didn't break anything that was working for me without it (usually yaris swapped stuff) but unless we know what isn't working there really is no way to fix it.

[blt]

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.29
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 05:08:00 AM »

sorry, i thought i was,

about 50% of my xbla, (fe. crazy taxi, rez hd) became trials when i upgraded to 2.29,
after revert to 2.28 all of them are full versions back again.

f0xrolder

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.29
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 11:13:00 AM »

After updating nxe to 14699 and dashlaunch 2.28 then 2.29 I realised that all my backups done via old xexmenu failed to launch and i was getting this message "game Error: The game could not start. Try downloading the game again"

All games backed up via fsd2 still would load tho. I reflashed back to 13599 and left dashlaunch at ver 2.29 and they still wouldn't load. So i went back to dashlaunch version 2.23 and everything is back to normal. I will when i get a spare minute reflash 14699 and install dashlaunch 2.24 onwards to see where it stops those titles backed up via xexmenu to cease loading.

Anyhow before i reflashed back to 13599 tried clearing the cache, del tu's and just about everything i could think of, and it wasn't till reverting to an earlier dashlaunch (2.23) that the games would load again. Just thought people might like to know if there experiencing similar problems.

danthaman673

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.29
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 11:26:00 AM »

' date='Jan 1 2012, 09:38 PM' post='4849776']
sorry, i thought i was,

about 50% of my xbla, (fe. crazy taxi, rez hd) became trials when i upgraded to 2.29,
after revert to 2.28 all of them are full versions back again.

Perhaps the code inverts the bit (in the XAM?) so pre-(yaris)patched titles show as trials? I have had no probs (so far_) with .28 (or .27 for that matter, I havent had time to trail .29 yet, but I will 2moro..) but I recall some of our other guys complained of issues back in .26/.27 when using (AFAIK) a yaris-patched fileset. I assumed perhaps they may have miss-interpreted some of the questions or may have ended-up somehow using an older .ini (they assure me this is not the case, but we can all make mistakes and I haven't verified how they did it since I assumed more then likely whatever the/(if there was) issue it was addressed in the recent wave of updates so I hadn't mentioned it earlier...
EDIT: Those guys still often use Xexmenu (I think because of it's library-scanning speed and ability to hot-swap USB devcies, I'm more of an FSD 2 man myself, so I'm letting u guys know as it may be a component)

I have recently also experienced some strange red-light errors recently involving mounting certain USB devices that I'm pretty sure didn't occur before, but I figure it's better to forward this info just in-case rather than sitting on it (for obvious reasons) Even tho it's unlikely anything to do with DL.

We really appreciate what you guys have all done with dashlaunch and will pass on some more donations for support (when we can)

Brgds/Dan

This post has been edited by danthaman673: Jan 1 2012, 07:32 PM

krizalid

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.29
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 01:34:00 AM »

I use default METRO dash and using DL 2.29 breaks DLC like KOF XIII Iori Power of flames, and some, not all, XBLA games become demos again.

Going back to 2.28 as the content patch is far better.

iwanttheagrocrag

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.29
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 05:16:00 PM »

I really have never trusted the content patch. I just use xm360 2.0d never had a problem. Though xm360 always hangs at a black screen 4 a little while before it starts which could throw most people off.

danthaman673

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.29
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 11:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(iwanttheagrocrag @ Jan 6 2012, 09:46 AM) View Post

I really have never trusted the content patch. I just use xm360 2.0d never had a problem. Though xm360 always hangs at a black screen 4 a little while before it starts which could throw most people off.

Never had a problem with the content patch....
 I will be deploying .29 tomorrow and giving it a good examination as I happen to be doing stuff along those lines anywayz. I will try to let you know if I come across any of these issues myself. Haven't done much with metro yet, but I hope to check it (.29) with metro out tomorrow.

Thanx again...

BTW : (form memory) XM360 's black screen hang was because of it sycning the time with a time server, I think the in  later versions Node21 took that out, you may have to disable it in the script, but u can stop it ding that at any rate...

I have noticed REALLY long hangs using .28 on booting FSD at bootanim close (just sits there on the 'xbox 360' screen for ages) It happens on 13599 dashes running any of the later fsd 2 versions with DL 2.28
(that's a biggy I almost forgot to mention, that's actually why I'm deploying 2.29 2moro to see if it fixes it, missed seeing any specific mention in the changelog...)

cory1492

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.29
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 06:47:00 AM »

As far as contpatch goes, all the yaris/xm patched things I have tried aren't broken by it... at the same time, people who seem to want it aren't really giving much info to even attempt to fix it. "It dun werk" is clearly not a good bug report especially when "it dun not werk" here. The framework is there now to start fixing specific problems rather than "hope this works for most of them", but when the bug report is "downgrading to the old partly busted version is good enough for me" that just isn't going to solve anything... easier just to turf the issue and go back to recommending xm360. I will advise the feature be removed entirely from future versions as clearly after a year no one seems to care if it works, but only that it doesn't for them and only in circumstances they don't care to explain or experiment on.

f0xrolder: if you haven't done it already I'll save you the trouble... those xex that are patched (broken signature) and are left encrypted as retail just don't work on the key switcher, check the change logs for when it was introduced and the big note at the top of the readme regarding this.
QUOTE(danthaman673 @ Jan 6 2012, 12:11 PM) *
I have noticed REALLY long hangs using .28 on booting FSD at bootanim close (just sits there on the 'xbox 360' screen for ages) It happens on 13599 dashes running any of the later fsd 2 versions with DL 2.28
(that's a biggy I almost forgot to mention, that's actually why I'm deploying 2.29 2moro to see if it fixes it, missed seeing any specific mention in the changelog...)

That always happens, the problem is aggravated if you enable debug out (in dash launch options), especially if you have cygnos uart speed set for the image (~3x slower uart out). FSD simply takes a long time to take over the screen, longer if your fsd database is big - if you notice the boot animation freeze that is pretty much the exact point where execution is handed over to FSD.

This post has been edited by cory1492: Jan 8 2012, 02:54 PM

f0xrolder

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.29
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2012, 07:22:00 AM »

This according to the changelog in the 2.26 readme is when it was introduced. I'll install 13604 and dashlaunch 2.25 to confirm if the content patched games via xexmenu still load. Then install 2.26 to verify if it's the keyswitcher. This is what 2.26 readme states:

Dash Launch 2.26
----------------

at time of this writing, this is ONLY compatible with:
    "freeBOOT": 9199, 12611, 12625, 13146, 13599, 13604
    "ggBuild" : 13599, 13604
    Regardless of version, you must update if offered to the included patch
    set to retain full functionality (xbox1 in particular)

read info_launch.ini for info on options and setting launch parameters.
 ================================================================================

important note about the new keyswitcher
 ================================================================================

Retail encrypted xex that are not validly signed will not load due
   to the way the new keyswitcher works.

ChangeLog

v2.26
- correct jtag/glitch wording in installer patch updater
- fix compare with glitch machine, now accurate when it checks patches for update
- add fcrt removal patch (and correction)
- rebuild to hopefully improve stability (less optimization)
- changed contpatch to only patch ID bytes to 0xFF
- fix sonic, more thoroughly hooked disk verification (thanks again Nate!)
- add current launch.xex version display to installer, add versioning
- add note about encryption on modified retail xex
- added '$' to permitted chars in launch.xex ini parser

f0xrolder

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.29
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2012, 01:01:00 PM »

Ok flashed 13604 using freeBOOT_ToolBox_Maker2.8 from bestpig and im assuming it incorporates dashlaunch 2.25 because when i tried to manually install 2.25 said was current and wouldn't let me overwrite patches.

And im back to games not loading again that were ripped using old xexmenu dvd copy option.

For example Dragon Age origins and Dragon Age Origins Awakening had been backed up via xexmenu and would load fine on 13599 dashlaunch 2.23. I tested after reflashing 13604 and both titles won't load.

Deleted and re ripped Dragon age origins/awakening via fsd2 and it works without a problem.

Now the fun begins, working out which of my games are backed up via xexmenu and fsd2 deleting the xexmenu ones and reripping via fsd2. 2 down only 30 odd to go.....ffs  sad.gif

cory1492

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.29
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2012, 12:33:00 PM »

You won't need to rerip the entire games, just the .xex (and possibly .dll) files would have any problem. If you use fsd, it has a handy smb server that lets you use folders on the machine like they are (almost) native ones, all you'd really need to do is use something like x360gamehack to simply remove encryption on the xex/dll. Keeping in mind, of course, that modified xex tend not to work with title updates.

This post has been edited by cory1492: Jan 12 2012, 08:33 PM

f0xrolder

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.29
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 03:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(cory1492 @ Jan 13 2012, 05:33 AM) View Post

You won't need to rerip the entire games, just the .xex (and possibly .dll) files would have any problem. If you use fsd, it has a handy smb server that lets you use folders on the machine like they are (almost) native ones, all you'd really need to do is use something like x360gamehack to simply remove encryption on the xex/dll. Keeping in mind, of course, that modified xex tend not to work with title updates.

Yep thanks for the suggestion actually much quicker just copying the xex straight from disk and replcing the xex in fsd2 with file manager. Did download x360gamehack and xextool but kept getting errors reading the xex.

danthaman673

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.29
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2012, 08:45:00 PM »

I am having a lot of ppl screaming at me, in addition to the xexmenu game thing(that's not so bad on it's own, I've been telling ppl to use FSD2 for ages at least for ripping anyway), ppl's entire library of Arcade games are not working(as full versions) as they were patched by XM360 (whether or not the were originally full ver, xm360 doesn't let u pick and choose it just does them all biggrin.gif ) SO now any Arcade games that have broken sigs WONT WORK AS FULL VERSIONS!! The interesting thing is: I re-built the whole kernel using bestpig's tool to 14699 (it was 13604 previously as I recall) which comes with .27 SAME PROBLEM !!! then I update to .28 SAME PROBLEM AGAIN!!! Now I am really pulling my hair out as most ppl come to me to sort this stuff out for them and I don't know how to tell them that they can't play their games as full versions and will have to re-download them for the time being (assuming they can, there are many reasons that they may not be able to ;-)

Pls help us out here guys as not having this work is work is a big sad-face for me (I VERY much appreciate ur work on this AND just dun downgrading/fallback isn't good enough for me <even if it worked>)

Now I am off to re-build as an earlier dash and see if I can't fix this (BTW My testing is done on a Xenon and DL didn't think that the patches needed doing going from .27 to .28) I don't think anyone would be too miffed if you guys had to put out an RGH version separate to JTAG if that's what it took (as an example)  It's school holidays here and the kids have us outnumbered!!! They have are starting to tire of demo version of Plants vs Zombies and their Mother has the full version on the PC, I can't re-download it for the time being so If I don't make it back, dont bother sending the search party ;-)

EDIT: Sounds to me like CIV is somehow still voiding stuff 'patched' by content patch (at least when it comes to yaris-patched XBLA) Hope my info gives u enough to fix this, if u need anymore then pls PM/IM me (if you have my IM) I will happily also help-out with any testing if need be. Thanx again guyz...

Brgds/Dan

This post has been edited by danthaman673: Jan 15 2012, 04:53 AM
Pages: [1] 2