xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dash Launch v2.27  (Read 664 times)

insanity4all

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.27
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 01:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(xbones @ Dec 14 2011, 11:50 PM) View Post

Has anyone got avatars to work with Dashlaunch 2.27? If so, how?

after you update the dash, apply the official MS update (same kernel #) to the console.  My avatars are appearing fine.  I read something about some avatar clothing or something not appearing, I have no special add-ons to my avatar to mess it up.

TY, No probs updating from 12611, works great over here. (I have no DLC installed to play with)

Ohh and for Patty yes the hdd1 is most likely your problem.  Mine is hdd1 I've changed the ini to match the console display.    The ini should be located in the flash I believe.  If memory serves we placed the ini on the hd for use with the old dashlaunch installer, which then safely slipped it into the flash for us.  Sorry to say I took the lazy man's way and tried out the 360multibuilder .07 which took care of updating dashlaunch for my lazy rear.  (I changed it to the hdd1 while it asked me for the command path defaults during image creation)

PaddyPat

• Recovered User
Dash Launch v2.27
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 08:27:00 PM »

Thanks insanity, but I'm unable to edit, overwrite or delete any files on the flash memory. I tried over FTP and in XEXMenu, but both will not allow me to change the launch.ini file. I tried to edit the launch.ini file over FTP with the system at the stock Dash, XEX and in FSD, but I could not edit the file because of file permissions.

By default the boot path is: Usb:\FSD\default.xex

I tried copying the FSD folder to my usb drive, but my drive is called USB0, so it does not find that drive at USB:\

steveo1978

• Recovered User
Dash Launch v2.27
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2011, 12:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(PaddyPat @ Dec 15 2011, 10:27 PM) *

Thanks insanity, but I'm unable to edit, overwrite or delete any files on the flash memory. I tried over FTP and in XEXMenu, but both will not allow me to change the launch.ini file. I tried to edit the launch.ini file over FTP with the system at the stock Dash, XEX and in FSD, but I could not edit the file because of file permissions.

By default the boot path is: Usb:\FSD\default.xex

I tried copying the FSD folder to my usb drive, but my drive is called USB0, so it does not find that drive at USB:\

This is from the dashlaunch readme

-it's possible to have multiple ini files, priority is: USB, HDD, BB MU, FLASH
    (** it is NOT recommended to launch USB con/xex from hdd ini **)
    the first one found on the devices in that order will be the one used.
    -see http://code.jellycan.com/simpleini/ for more info on the ini parser

-if you find your ini file is not working, open it in a hex editor and ensure
    that windows didn't convert it to a non-ASCII format by putting identifyer
    bytes at the beginning of the file. The first charater in a hex editor
    should be whatever the first character you have in the ini file, not
    non-character codes like 0xFF or similar

and
; currently supported devices and paths:
; internal hard disk    Hdd:\
; usb memory stick      Usb:\
; memory unit           Mu:\
; USB memory unit       UsbMu:\
; big block NAND mu     FlashMu:\
; internal slim 4G mu   IntMu:\
; CD/DVD                Dvd:\     (not recommended to use this one)

Now try this make a ini with the path pointing towards your FSD and then copy it to a usb drive and see if that works. I would leave the one in flash alone as its more or less a fail safe and since its the very last spot dashlaunch will look for a launch.ini it will not affect any other ini.

Also if you have another Ini either on a hdd, internal MU or USB that points to a bogus location it will stop dashlaunch from using the INI in flash so you might wanna see if thats an issue also

This post has been edited by steveo1978: Dec 16 2011, 08:16 AM

MajorTom9669

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.27
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2011, 10:55:00 AM »

Hello,

I'm posting here because I'm having problems with the latest Dashlaunch.

I've tried flashing my nand several times with 14699 dash and latest dashlaunch but after flashing and installing dashlaunch my console would shut down on the xbox logo, reboot and so on.
In order to play, I had to reflash my nand with older image (12611 and older dashlaunch -- not sure which one I'd been using, 2.21 or 2.23b?) and it's been working fine again.

I both tried installing the new 14699 alone or with dashlaunch integrated only to the same result: as long as dashlaunch 2.27 is there, the console reboots at the xbox logo.

Most interestingly, the console could start properly whenever my internal HDD was not attached to it. It also booted fine with my spare 20GB hdd.
I decided to try removing the disc swapper plugin from my usual hdd and guess what? it worked. But as soon as I re-installed the plugin, my console refused to boot past the logo.

So the problem seems to be related to that plugin (swap.xex).

Any help or suggestions?

This post has been edited by MajorTom9669: Dec 16 2011, 06:59 PM

steveo1978

• Recovered User
Dash Launch v2.27
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2011, 11:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(MajorTom9669 @ Dec 16 2011, 12:55 PM) View Post

So the problem seems to be related to that plugin (swap.xex).

Any help or suggestions?

FSD has that plugin built in so try the games with out a second install of the plugin and see how that goes

MajorTom9669

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.27
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2011, 11:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(steveo1978 @ Dec 16 2011, 07:09 PM) View Post

FSD has that plugin built in so try the games with out a second install of the plugin and see how that goes

I know that but I don't use FSD, prefer NXE.

Isn't swap.xex supposed to work with dashlaunch 2.27?
If yes, I'd like to find out how I'm supposed to make it work.

One other thing: I've just tried to delete swap.xex prior to flashing my nand with 14699 with DL 2.27 integrated then I copied a newly downloaded version of swap.xex to my hdd and the disc swapper is not working (at least with dead space 2) -- game asks me to insert disc 2.
BUT the console's been booting fine past the logo so far!!! Tadaaaaam
Way to go.

Any help on the swap.xex not working with latest dash and dashlaunch welcome.

UPDATE:
it's working when I load disc 2 and start a new game i.e. disc swapper successfully loads disc 1 from disc 2. But then again it will fail to load disc 2 (from disc 1) if I try to load a save that is further in the game.

Here's my multi.ini (kept it unchanged):

[454108df]
Dead Space 2
disk1 = Hdd:\Content\0000000000000000\454108DF\00007000\831BBD71B701B42512FF
disk2 = Hdd:\Games\Dead Space 2\

As you can see. Disc 1 is in GOD container while disc 2 is an extracted iso (default.xex).
Could it be that latest dashlaunch only works with GOD and not with extracted default.xex any more?????????
(I confirm this multi.ini has been working perfectly fine until I updated my JTAG to fb 14699).

MajorTom9669

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.27
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2011, 01:30:00 PM »

SOLVED!!!!
At last...

OK, so I had read somewhere that redownloading a fresh new swap.xex from the interwebs and copying it to your hdd could solve some issues (strange enough... but hey?)
Well I told you it did for me: my console's been booting fine ever since I used this brand new swap.xex from the www.

After a while it occured to me I could well do the same with the multi.ini i.e. recreate a brand new multi.ini file from scratch (and I mean from scratch: no copy and paste and all!): and it did it again! Not only does my console boots fine but now swap.xex works too!!!!
And it worked with the exact same settings I'd been using before, with both GOD (disc 1) and default.xex (disc 2).

Hope some will find help here.
Best to all

(sorry mods, I could not edit my previous message... enough strange things for today...)

This post has been edited by MajorTom9669: Dec 16 2011, 09:34 PM

xbones

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.27
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2011, 01:28:00 PM »

Someone posted this fix on another forum..

WORKED FOR ME!!!

If the items don't show up and just have a '!' it means they're old versions and wont work on the 13604 dash or above.

If you can see the costume but when you click on it nothing happens, and you're using Dashlaunch 2.26, try this:

Copy your launch.ini file from your xbox to your pc and open it up in notepad. Mine was in the root directory but yours might be stored somewhere else.

When you've got it on your pc, look for the line that says contpatch=true and change that to contpatch=false. Save the file and then put it back on your console, making sure you overwrite the old one. Now just restart your console and you should be able to customise your avatar.

This has been asked before so you could have saved yourself a some time with a quick search...

Credit goes here
NO LINKS TO SITES THAT HOST COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL

This post has been edited by steveo1978: Dec 18 2011, 10:26 PM

magnus__hydra

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.27
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2011, 10:12:00 PM »

It seem that there is a bug in this version.

I have a 500gb HDD and 2 jtags here at my house. The first one my main Jasper 512 I installed with the dashlaunch using 360_Multi_Builder_v0.7 my xbox would get stuck at the boot screen. If I hold RB when it start it will freeze. If I hit the guild button it will open up and If I hold RB and go back to the dash it will freeze too. Yes I fixed the launch.ini for my normal setting. Seeing how this was my first time using a "lazy" all in one program. ( I normaly use Fbbuild but no new update for the newdash..don't know if I can use .33 or not) So I though I flash something wrong. long story short I need to buy another cygnos to fix it again....

Moving on to the falcon I didn't install dashlaunch and xbox booted just fine. Installed dashlaunch using xexmenu on a USB and after I reboot it. It will get stuck at the boot screen again. If I hold RB when it start it will freeze. If I hit the guild button it will open up and If I hold RB and go back to the dash it will freeze too.

So there is some kind of bug... I am willing to try out anything I can reflash the falcons nand with my nandflasher.

MajorTom9669

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.27
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2011, 08:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(magnus__hydra @ Dec 19 2011, 06:12 AM) *

I installed with the dashlaunch using 360_Multi_Builder_v0.7 my xbox would get stuck at the boot screen.

I guess you must have read my posts above but just in case: if you're using swap.xex (aka disc swapper plugin) that might be the cause. Try re-downloading a new disc swapper plugin from the internet and copy it to your hdd. Worked for me.
You might wanna do the same with your multi.ini to make disc swapping work.

This post has been edited by MajorTom9669: Dec 19 2011, 04:04 PM

magnus__hydra

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.27
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2011, 04:31:00 AM »

You are right I read bits and part of ur messages. I though u where talking about swap.xex its self not about the boot freezing problem. I am sorry. Thank you for finding out the problem! pop.gif

MajorTom9669

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.27
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2011, 10:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(magnus__hydra @ Dec 20 2011, 12:31 PM) View Post

Thank you for finding out the problem! pop.gif

Credits go to some Anesis over at xb*x3*0i*o for the swap.xex thing.

But the multi.ini thing is from me wink.gif
Pages: 1 [2]