xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Libxenon Software Frontend?  (Read 317 times)

Tag234

• Archived User
Libxenon Software Frontend?
« on: November 28, 2011, 09:11:00 PM »

Hey guys,

I am semi experienced in programming, but I have never worked with the Xbox 360. Forgive me if this is a noob or off limits question: While I really do enjoy playing Mupen64-360 in Xell Reloaded, I find it kind of annoying to reboot into Xell Reloaded to run this nice piece of software.

I am wondering how hard it would be to build a frontend for loading libxenon software. Can this be done? I would love to be able to list Mupen64 in Freestyle and then have that .xex load into Xell Reloaded with the emulator elf set to boot.

Can this be done?? Can anyone give pointers on how I should go about doing this?

EDIT: now i realize XellLoader.xex can load right into Xell for me, but I am more reffering to handling the .elf files and all of that for me also

This post has been edited by Tag234: Nov 29 2011, 05:43 AM

Dwack

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 03:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(Tag234 @ Nov 28 2011, 11:11 PM) *

Hey guys,

I am semi experienced in programming, but I have never worked with the Xbox 360. Forgive me if this is a noob or off limits question: While I really do enjoy playing Mupen64-360 in Xell Reloaded, I find it kind of annoying to reboot into Xell Reloaded to run this nice piece of software.

I am wondering how hard it would be to build a frontend for loading libxenon software. Can this be done? I would love to be able to list Mupen64 in Freestyle and then have that .xex load into Xell Reloaded with the emulator elf set to boot.

Can this be done?? Can anyone give pointers on how I should go about doing this?

EDIT: now i realize XellLoader.xex can load right into Xell for me, but I am more reffering to handling the .elf files and all of that for me also

Shouldn't XellLaunch do exactly what you are asking?

Tag234

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 01:47:00 AM »

Almost... but not quite. say I have 3 seperate Xenon.elf files for 3 seperate libxenon programs in seperate folders. I want to be able to basically launch these from Freestyle.

XellLaunch would be perfect if it loaded Xell for me, but also somehow pointed Xell to the location of a specific .elf file that I wanted to launch

andy.macht

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 05:21:00 AM »

you are able to launch xell with xellLaunch from FSD or something else.
with zlx-browser you have a filemanager for xell you can choose which .elf you want to launch.
but the developer (i think 'Ced2911' did it but i dont really know) of zlx-browser has not released a binary of it yet. so you have to ask him...
it should do what you want.

This post has been edited by andy.macht: Dec 2 2011, 01:32 PM

XxErrorxX

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 07:50:00 AM »

filbrowser https://rapidshare.c...82312/xenon.elf from xbox360iso.. think its a dashboard on xbins to..