xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: FTPDll Dash Launch Plugin  (Read 1065 times)

Pjoto

• Archived User
FTPDll Dash Launch Plugin
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2011, 12:26:00 PM »

Can't get it to work :/

This is how my launch.ini looks:

[Plugins]
plugin1 = Hdd:\swap.xex
plugin2 = Hdd:\ftpdll.xex

And they are both in the root of my hdd.
The swap worked when I played Dead Space, so no problems there.

But are you guys saying I need to rewrite between ftpdll.xex and swap.xex in the launch.ini each time I want to use either, because there's only support for one plugin at the time? :/

andy.macht

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 01:12:00 PM »

only one of these plugins work at a tame - so its your chioce dry.gif

RRoD420

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2011, 02:14:00 PM »

It's working awesome for me, at full speed using flashfxp. I don't know why they said it's slow?

gamesquest1

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 05:11:00 PM »

Okay well you can use the ftp plugin and the temprature logging plugin at the same time, or disk swap and temp logging but NOT swap and ftp at the same time, i think i read somwhere that FSD has some form of diskswap built in but im not sure i havnt looked into this/ used it so im not sure but if thats the case maybe people could just use ftp and temp and use FSD's diskswap methods, idk its no biggy anyway just choose what is most important too you disk swapping plugin or FTP during gameplay

RRoD420

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2011, 05:47:00 PM »

Nevermind, it runs at like 3.5MB/sec instead of 11MB/sec. Why is this? Hopefully they'll work out the bugs and get it working like FSD ftp, this is an awesome plugin.

gamesquest1

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2011, 06:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(RRoD420 @ Oct 12 2011, 12:47 AM) *

Nevermind, it runs at like 3.5MB/sec instead of 11MB/sec. Why is this? Hopefully they'll work out the bugs and get it working like FSD ftp, this is an awesome plugin.

i think its actually due to the usage of the hard drive loading stuff while your also writing to it, so disk write speeds are lower depending on where you are running the game from, also if the game you are playing is using alot of the 360's power it leaves little left over for dealing with the ftp connection, it would be good for sending saves over without exiting the game, especially for people trying to modify saves and stuff, would make testing alot faster i would imagine

This post has been edited by gamesquest1: Oct 12 2011, 01:05 AM

iwanttheagrocrag

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2011, 01:27:00 PM »

Wow great plugin!! Thanks cOz!!

Chan163

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2011, 09:09:00 PM »

Wouldn't it be possible to change either swaps or ftpdlls loading address, so both could work at the same time? Having to choose one of them sucks big time. Both of them are great and both of them are very comfy.

uN0pEn

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2011, 10:27:00 AM »

Thanks again cOz!

cancerous1

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2011, 03:34:00 AM »

\o/ thanks for releasing! This is working great, with filezilla, and just as fast as any other ftp while the system is idle. Being able to keep transfers going and use the console at the same time is pure win. The FSD plugin works fine for swapping while this is running via dashlaunch.

dialtone187

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2011, 05:48:00 AM »

I couldn't get this plugin to load for the life of me. I've tried adding plugin1 = Hdd:\Appz\dash_launch_v2.24\ftpdll_0.1\ftpdll.xex also Hdd1 then I tried putting ftpdll.exe in the root of Hdd1 and making the change in the launch.ini, I've tried different ftp apps, I've tried rerunning the installer after, nothing seems to work, always gets timed out on port 7564. Would love to be able to ftp while playing but this damn thing is killing me.

This post has been edited by dialtone187: Oct 15 2011, 12:48 PM
Pages: 1 [2]