xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: FTPDll Dash Launch Plugin  (Read 1067 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
FTPDll Dash Launch Plugin
« on: October 09, 2011, 05:19:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | October 9 19:19 EST | News Category: Xbox360

cOz released a new FTP plugin for Dash Launch build for XDK-homebrew 360s:

add as a plugin to dash launch
connect to your normal xbox IP on port 7564
it check for device change events every 1s or so, removed devices will still appear in the ftp list, new devices will be added.

if it doesn't seem like a good idea, don't do it (like write to flash)

it's not the greatest ftp, you don't get great speed uploading to the xbox but you can do it (slowly) while you play a game.
based on the xexmenu ftp (slimftpd) with some bugfixes and extra devices added.

Official Site: n/a, by cOz
Download: n/a (built with XDK)
Full Readme/NFO: xbins.org

cory1492

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 08:07:00 PM »

Something to note, swap.xex and this have the same load address so it's one or the other, only the first one in the dash launch init will load.

Blargharg

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 09:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(cory1492 @ Oct 10 2011, 04:07 AM) View Post

Something to note, swap.xex and this have the same load address so it's one or the other, only the first one in the dash launch init will load.

Hm, that sux... What about FSD disk swapping plugin?

rami1

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 01:18:00 AM »

After this plugin works nicely, it should be added to dash lunch.

hack.rid

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 03:26:00 AM »

what speeds could you get with this?
is it in the MB/s range or slower?

warbeast

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 06:32:00 AM »

I dont know about the fsd2 multi disk ive never got it to work!
Games are listed as usb:/games/deadspace d1 and usb:/games/deadspace d2
Ive removed swap.xex even done a clean install of dashlauch and fsd2 but it just wont swap

Anyway ive gone back to swap.xex when im not using it i rename it with fsd2 to swapoff.xex then the ftp plugin will work..

andy.macht

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 08:24:00 AM »

ive got fullspeed when original MS dash is shown (or some small arcade games are running)
got about half speed (6mb/s) on playing gears 3
and about 500kb/s when a game is loading (e.g. gears 3)

=> absolutely perfect for me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by andy.macht: Oct 10 2011, 03:26 PM

joliverio

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 11:04:00 AM »

Someone please clarify: that means the 'glitch consoles' already can do the same as 'old JTAG consoles' such as install and play all games without disc and also install DLC's ??

warbeast

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 12:24:00 PM »

i got fsd2 multi disk working i think it was due to also using tempdump.xex plugin
so basicaly out of all the plugins swap.xex tempdump.xex and now ftpdll.xex we cant use more then 1 at a time

maybe it would be a better idea to not load all plugins and instead have the option in fsd2 to select what plugin you want for each game like press y on a 2 disk game and select multi disk plugin or if you want to get a temp report in gow3 select tempdump.xex

or in dashlaunch have a button combo on boot to select what you want as it looks like all these plugins screw each other up

neonpolaris

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 01:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(joliverio @ Oct 10 2011, 01:04 PM) View Post

Someone please clarify: that means the 'glitch consoles' already can do the same as 'old JTAG consoles' such as install and play all games without disc and also install DLC's ??
No, not yet.  There has been no patched dash released for the 'glitch consoles'.  All they can do as of yet is run homebrew (XeLL, emulators, homebrew games).

Now I have to remember which FTP client I used with XexMenu, since my two favorites don't play nice with this plugin.

andy.macht

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2011, 03:32:00 PM »

flashFXP works fine here

neonpolaris

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2011, 04:53:00 PM »

I've found that WinSCP works well.  It's already installed on all my machines for SCP purposes, but it supports ftp so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Edit:  I should note that FileZilla and BulletProof FTP are the ones that didn't work for me.

This post has been edited by neonpolaris: Oct 10 2011, 11:54 PM

daoneandonly

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2011, 09:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(neonpolaris @ Oct 10 2011, 11:53 PM) View Post

I've found that WinSCP works well.  It's already installed on all my machines for SCP purposes, but it supports ftp so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Edit:  I should note that FileZilla and BulletProof FTP are the ones that didn't work for me.

Filezilla worked fine for me, copied the settings from my normal ftp and just changed the port.

non2100

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 09:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(warbeast @ Oct 11 2011, 03:24 AM) View Post

i got fsd2 multi disk working i think it was due to also using tempdump.xex plugin
so basicaly out of all the plugins swap.xex tempdump.xex and now ftpdll.xex we cant use more then 1 at a time

maybe it would be a better idea to not load all plugins and instead have the option in fsd2 to select what plugin you want for each game like press y on a 2 disk game and select multi disk plugin or if you want to get a temp report in gow3 select tempdump.xex

or in dashlaunch have a button combo on boot to select what you want as it looks like all these plugins screw each other up

what is tempdump.xex ?
i'd never heard about that plugin.

gamesquest1

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 10:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(warbeast @ Oct 10 2011, 07:24 PM) View Post

Well thats pretty much what the freestyle dash plugins feature was all about, shame they didnt actually release it, loved having the frequent updates, a while back shame some of the features never got released before they started remaking it from the ground up...again, i know ill probs get a bit of "well if you want it you make it and the usual bashing of anyone who questions these matters" and yeah the guys who make FSD are doing amazing work and what we got is alot better than any aternatives but it does seem to be a bit too much "this is what we are doing its almost ready heres a beta with some stuff missing"
............................................................oh actually we arnt doing that now we doing this instead,

anyways hopefully the RXE (latest incarnation of FSD) will have the stuff that wasnt realeased i.e plugins etc, rather than just the new game layout.

and once again before all the "high and mighty" guys pop up,  this is persona feelings the FSD team have done an amazing job with the current FSD and yeah all are all not worthy of their amazing talent  happy.gif
Pages: [1] 2