xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dash Launch v2.24 - Forza4 Fix  (Read 545 times)

justinadams

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.24 - Forza4 Fix
« on: October 09, 2011, 07:05:00 PM »

just curious. what does it mean by XDK-homebrew 360's. is that jtag or RGH?

deilzfcjk

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 09:47:00 PM »

Is this version of dashlaunch better than previous version. I remember when i would connect my hdd to the Esata port, the dashboard or whatever hombrew app loader, ie Freestyle or Xexloader would show Fatal crash detected, and exit to default Ms dashboard.

I guess this is what the hddalive fix fixes?

Thanks.

steak

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 08:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(Midnight Tboy @ Oct 10 2011, 11:09 AM) View Post

should Forza work fine on a 12611 dash with this plugin?

I'd read someone say that you need to update to latest jtag dash but I'd rather hold off doing that until the next big dash is required, for sake of one game

Forza 4 needs 13599 unless they come up with a patch

Midnight Tboy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 09:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(steak @ Oct 10 2011, 03:50 PM) View Post

Forza 4 needs 13599 unless they come up with a patch

thanks - guess I better suck it up and get it updated soon then sad.gif

Wasn't looking forward to it seeing as I bought this jasper pretagged....just incase I picked the wrong SMC method....and unsure whether it had bad blocks etc (like the v early xenon I did myself) that need to manage

ploggy

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 01:09:00 PM »

Fixed my issue. Converted iso to god, game runs fine now.
(running latest dl on newest dash)

xmugen360

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 03:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(Midnight Tboy @ Oct 10 2011, 05:51 PM) View Post

thanks - guess I better suck it up and get it updated soon then sad.gif

Wasn't looking forward to it seeing as I bought this jasper pretagged....just incase I picked the wrong SMC method....and unsure whether it had bad blocks etc (like the v early xenon I did myself) that need to manage

I had same worry boss...did a super simple xenon (launch day) and of course she died about 6 months later no matter what i do she never fired back up (reflow cooling mods etc)  so I had to buy a pre jtagged falcon (I had no other exploitables available to me sadly)  Just finished updating and if you use Exploit 360 it will tell you the smc of your flash360 nand dump.  Also to check if the freeboot image or your dump has bad blocks use 360flash tool.  There is no need to either a. open your 360 or b. have your original dump it took me awhile to figure this out but posting if it is helpful for others.  Thanks to everyone involved in terms of software and info...

Midnight Tboy

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 07:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(xmugen360 @ Oct 10 2011, 10:41 PM) View Post

I had same worry boss...did a super simple xenon (launch day) and of course she died about 6 months later no matter what i do she never fired back up (reflow cooling mods etc)  so I had to buy a pre jtagged falcon (I had no other exploitables available to me sadly)  Just finished updating and if you use Exploit 360 it will tell you the smc of your flash360 nand dump.  Also to check if the freeboot image or your dump has bad blocks use 360flash tool.  There is no need to either a. open your 360 or b. have your original dump it took me awhile to figure this out but posting if it is helpful for others.  Thanks to everyone involved in terms of software and info...

yeah me too - did my xenon not long after they were first exploitable.

Then things started changing with larger nands and the likes, different SMCs, writing the full nand, using USB instead, doing only first 16mb of the full nands etc, of which I never kept up, nor did I have a need to as had no other xboxes other than an untouched unexplotable one.....so once my xenon kicked the bucket for last time it wasn't worth it......aswell as it took me ages to get my soldering right on the first go round.

So of course I bought the jasper.  However, when I asked a while ago what method he used, he said he thought it was the audclamp method but wasn't sure...but running it through one of the tools a while ago said it was standard SMC......so decided for the time being if it aint broke don't fix it smile.gif and was too bone idle to open it up (and didnt want to disturb anything to stop it working in case I knocked a wire off)

Thanks for the pointers of which app to use to check.  I think this jasper is a 16mb nand.  Wasn't sure if some older apps could be used too on jasper nands, as would maybe treat them like xenons if they were written before the jaspers were taggable.

Have to decide now whether to hang fire for a dashlaunch that makes it possible to run on my current dash, go to current, or wait until the next big dash comes along and be happy with other games in meantime

Come to think of it, must try booting it with eject as never have, as notta clue if its xell/xellous/whatever on there....Old xenon I had to use the xell/ous/whatever to flash, as had a bad block, which flash360 just caused the box to red ring as it didnt allocate it properly.  Suspect it'll mean having to dig out the old component cables too if its a one with no hdmi support

Midnight Tboy

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 09:19:00 PM »

well 360 Flash Tool v0.97 says it has no bad blocks (tested my xenon original nand to be sure it detected known blocks)

And in Exploit 360 v1.0.0 it says I have standard wiring.   Not sure however what is most recent to use now....Xell, Xell Reloaded, and Xellous.  I'm guessing Xellous?

What are most people using to flash their 360s now?  Flash360, or booting straight into Xell/ous?  Like said before flash360 would kill my old xenon with its bad block, but this one seems to have no blocks bad, but still a bit wary about the app

xmugen360

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 11:20:00 AM »

yeah basically i had same exact worry...i have been through some pain with this particular falcon since playing crysis 2...it started to give me error 74 i believe so i took it apart oven reflow xclamp fix and installed heatsinks on mem chips and it's been working reliable ever since...so last thing i wanted to do was take mine apart again just to properly flash...i used flash360 for both dump and flash i would definitely make sure to check your freeboot images in flash tool to make sure after inputing cpu key that ur kv info and other files show up properly but if exploit 360 shows standard wiring and you show no bad blocks ur pretty much good to go...what i did was 12611 to 135999 then install dash launch i did have to reflash my xell reloaded though...i use hdmi and at first i had no video even though i selected xell reloaded...reinstalling fixed without issue though...don't forget to power cycle by removing the power cable and waiting after flashing...

RRoD420

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 02:16:00 PM »

Forza 4 does in fact need 13599, this is the first game that forced me to update from 12611. Working perfect!

Toddler

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 02:44:00 PM »

I've been playing it fine since launch on my JTAG, converted disc 1 to GOD and uploaded the extracted contents of disc 2 as DLC.  What am I missing?

iwanttheagrocrag

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 01:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(Toddler @ Oct 11 2011, 02:44 PM) View Post

I've been playing it fine since launch on my JTAG, converted disc 1 to GOD and uploaded the extracted contents of disc 2 as DLC.  What am I missing?

Some people like me don't have a disc drive (for various cooling mods). So what we do is rip it with the computer then convert it with ISO2GOD, but ISO2GOD didn't support XGD3. So the result was having to use exiso. The problem with that is when in the raw folder format like that, it would keep giving an error say "Disc corrupted" "Disc is corrupted please make sure your are using an official Forza motorsport disc"...

IPB Image

Midnight Tboy

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2011, 04:32:00 AM »

sorry....just to confirm....Forza 4 cd1 MUST be in GOD format to work?  And won't work as extracted iso?  Or is that just what yous did and seems random for people?

I know the only game I've ever had a problem with was Star Wars Force Unleashed....wouldn't work no matter what I tried when extracted like all my other games, but fine under GOD.  Would like to know why though

uN0pEn

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2011, 10:26:00 AM »

Thanks cOz your work is appreciated.

justinadams

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2011, 08:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(Toddler @ Oct 11 2011, 09:44 PM) View Post

extracted to god or nxe. and where did you put the contents?