xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dash Launch v2.23  (Read 644 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.23
« on: July 21, 2011, 11:38:00 PM »

Dash Launch v2.23
Posted by XanTium | July 22 01:38 EST | News Category: Xbox360

cOz released a new version of Dash Launch build for JTAG 360s.

What's new/fixed:
- added hddalive
- added 13599
- relocate external files so old files will no longer be used accidentally
    new path is \default.xex dir\VERSION\files
   ie: GAME:\13599\patches_jasper.bin

Official Site: n/a, by cOz
Download: n/a (built with XDK)
Full Readme/NFO: xbins.org

Xyrexus

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.23
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 02:51:00 AM »

What's hddalive?

kenned12003

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.23
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 02:59:00 AM »

it wrights+deletes a file to you external hdd every few mins so it doesnt go to sleep
some external hdds do that

This post has been edited by kenned12003: Jul 22 2011, 10:48 AM

pif001

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.23
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 07:24:00 AM »

thnx a lot for this, w/o it i would not update my Jtag!

crimpshrine

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.23
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 08:23:00 AM »

Anyone know if Dash Launch has been fixed so XBL games like TMNT turtles in time work now?

Not sure if Dash Launch broke any other XBLA but that was one that 2.21 broke.

danthaman673

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.23
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 11:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(crimpshrine @ Jul 22 2011, 11:53 PM) View Post

Anyone know if Dash Launch has been fixed so XBL games like TMNT turtles in time work now?

We have never had hat issue.. Are you sure it was Dl 2.21? What version Dash were you using?

Is this version Noob friendly for Jasper users? (I have had a couple of clients bringing in boxes saying that DL stuffed their BB, I'm not sure how and neither are they, I had suspected it was some sort of clash with the old launch.xex (like from XBR days  rolleyes.gif  ) at least one guy had left on his MU, But reading today's update is now making me wonder... I haven't had the time to keep up with dashlaunch topics of late other than to skim .... Anyways .

Thanx for the dash-launch update BTW cOz, can you perhaps PM me? I have a patch I wish to add, but I dont' have the time to put it out there on xbins etc.. I got as far as writing the readme.. It would be good if you might be able to add it on for your next release (I would have tried to contact u ages ago ,but I have really been ridiculously busy last 4-6 weeks tongue.gif If u can drop me a PM I would really appreciate as it would save me (and perhaps u also) some time ;-)

Brgds/Dan

Brgds/Dan

TheRealJPizzle

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.23
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 12:47:00 PM »

whats the patch for ?

crimpshrine

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.23
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 01:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(danthaman673 @ Jul 22 2011, 05:13 PM) *

We have never had hat issue.. Are you sure it was Dl 2.21? What version Dash were you using?
Brgds/Dan
Brgds/Dan

http://digiex.net/downloads/download-cente...11-12625-a.html

Actually I just read it was fixed in 2.22.  So looks like this version should be OK now also!

From that thread:

"When you use Dash Launch 2.22 to replace v. 2.21, The Turtles games now work like a charm. problem solved guys!"

This post has been edited by crimpshrine: Jul 22 2011, 08:44 PM

alejandroues

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.23
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 02:06:00 PM »

the hddalive feature doesn't seems to work.
i'm still on fbBuild 0.11 (12611 dash) and doesn't matter if i put alive.txt on the root of the usb or dont, dashlaunch doesn't re/create the file.

Here is my launch.ini:
CODE
[QuickLaunchButtons]
Default = Usb:\fsd2\default.xex

[Settings]
pingpatch = true
hddalive = true
hddtimer = 210

[Plugins]
plugin1 = Usb:\swap.xex

and btw the older hddalive (the plugin version) works like a charm.
thanks in advance

This post has been edited by alejandroues: Jul 22 2011, 09:07 PM

TheRealJPizzle

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.23
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 02:10:00 PM »

well I see you have edited your post to say
hddalive = true when it was hddalive = false on your original post

was that the issue tongue.gif

nevernow

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.23
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 02:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(crimpshrine @ Jul 22 2011, 02:23 PM) *

As far as I know, and from experience, the problem with certain XBLA games is not Dash Launch itself, but the content patch feature. You can turn that off, patch your XBLA and DLC stuff and avoid the problem.

alejandroues

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.23
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 03:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(TheRealJPizzle @ Jul 22 2011, 03:10 PM) View Post

well I see you have edited your post to say
hddalive = true when it was hddalive = false on your original post

was that the issue tongue.gif

no, had it right in the launch.ini. just a stupid mistake in the post (hoped nobody had noticed, lol)

cory1492

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.23
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 04:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(alejandroues @ Jul 22 2011, 02:06 PM) View Post

i'm still on fbBuild 0.11 (12611 dash) and doesn't matter if i put alive.txt on the root of the usb or dont, dashlaunch doesn't re/create the file.
and btw the older hddalive (the plugin version) works like a charm.
thanks in advance

There were more than a few saying the plugin wasn't working, so a new method was devised that didn't require a hard coded path to the USB drive - or for that matter the presence of the drive at boot time (just requires enabled, a timer value and alive.txt on the drive/s). When turned on, it no longer creates/deletes the file, if it is there it just overwrites a new 16byte random value (which is enough to cause disk activity, at least on a USB stick at any rate) to it and it retains it's size/location. You'll have to open it with a hex editor to see whether it's getting changed or not. Make sure that you didn't create alive.txt.txt or similar (hidden extensions), as not having the correct file in the root of the drive makes the option ineffective for that drive.

And by all means, if there are any problem XBLA (or if it messes with, for example rock band DLC) with the current contpatch turned on let us know... we tested the ones that were broken from the old method content patch (the one mojobojo worked out) and those are all working. The new way (for specific container types, not extracted) is basically the same as Yaris Swap method, just done at runtime instead.

alejandroues

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.23
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2011, 05:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(cory1492 @ Jul 22 2011, 05:08 PM) View Post

There were more than a few saying the plugin wasn't working, so a new method was devised that didn't require a hard coded path to the USB drive - or for that matter the presence of the drive at boot time (just requires enabled, a timer value and alive.txt on the drive/s). When turned on, it no longer creates/deletes the file, if it is there it just overwrites a new 16byte random value (which is enough to cause disk activity, at least on a USB stick at any rate) to it and it retains it's size/location. You'll have to open it with a hex editor to see whether it's getting changed or not. Make sure that you didn't create alive.txt.txt or similar (hidden extensions), as not having the correct file in the root of the drive makes the option ineffective for that drive.

No, its not working for me.
I've tested again with a blank alive.txt, with a 00 filled (16bytes) and also with a random filled (16bytes), without success.
It's not being replaced with a new random value (i've checked with a hex editor)

cory1492

• Archived User
Dash Launch v2.23
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2011, 07:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(alejandroues @ Jul 22 2011, 05:20 PM) View Post

No, its not working for me.

Thanks alejandroues, you were correct... some critical code to hddalive was commented out along with some debug text at apparently the last minute before release, there is now 2.23b that has it working correctly (for all intents it's identical to 2.23 except hddalive option now works like it should.)
Pages: [1] 2