xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: ** Freepsx ** : Playstation One Emulator For Xbox 360 (w*i*p)  (Read 741 times)

jayboy86

• Archived User
** Freepsx ** : Playstation One Emulator For Xbox 360 (w*i*p)
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2020, 09:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(GTRagnarok @ Aug 17 2010, 07:57 AM) *

Last I heard, he had to quit due to life problems. I hope someone finishes what he started.

yea your right he did quit due to personal problems, sold his dev kit etc.

he gave his work to other groups tho, so maybe one day we will get n64, but psx (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) FF7 ALL THE WAY

p4r0l3

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2020, 03:06:00 PM »

One feature i'd really like to see would be 7z support, as 7zip compresses psx bin/cue's substantially

Vejita

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2010, 06:22:00 PM »

BTW, is this emulator coded from the ground up or is it based on PCSX / PCSX Reloaded?

BrooksyX

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2010, 11:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(supersonic124 @ Aug 21 2010, 06:32 AM) View Post

fuck yeah i cant wait to do some hd syphon filter, im just wondering do you need a hdmi cable to do hd on the games or will it let you do hd with a component cable?

Why would you need an HDMI cable? Component can carry 1080i HD.

Aldanga

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2010, 10:34:00 AM »

Component can carry 1080p, but some televisions don't accept 1080p from component.

Vejita

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2010, 04:38:00 PM »

I can't really tell from the Tekken 3 shot but are the 3D textures filtered or not?

OneBlackG

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2010, 07:20:00 AM »

This is nice!!!! keep up the good work. and yes I also would like to see Dreamcast after this is finished of course..

GTRagnarok

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2010, 08:33:00 PM »

Any update on this? How is it coming along?

reprec

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2011, 03:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(miseryguts @ Apr 17 2011, 10:16 PM) View Post

This looks fantastic so far, thanks for your hard work.

I have donned my flame retardant jacket in anticipation of the response to this, but here goes anyway..

Would you consider porting this for use on Jailbroken PS3's running cfw (yes i know this is a 360 forum, but it's the only available link i could find) there isn't currently a properly working PS1 emulator, PS3SX is worthless, unsupported & doesn't work with different cfw's & despite what some may tell you, there IS definately a need for a PS1 emulator on PS3.

PS1 games are region locked (at least on UK/PAL units) and the opportunity to run the games with scaling & some of the lovely filters that Epsxe etc uses would be incredible.
I appreciate that you guys are concentrating on the 360 at the moment, but is there at least a chance you would consider bringing this to the PS3 at some point in the future?

Thanks for listening.

Actually, this project is abandoned for the time being...

reprec

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2011, 02:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(cancerous1 @ Apr 27 2011, 06:46 PM) View Post

I wouldn't say abandoned, he started a fresh psx emu, and it's open to contributions...

http://code.google.com/p/pcsx-r360/

mostly it needs work in dynarec, so if anyone has time, there it is ^

The Project is give up for now ...

That's what I've heard from logic-sunrise lately. Not definitely abandoned, but just by now.
I know about that pcsx-r360 project but no updates since January, so it's not looking too promising right now.
It's weird because there are builds of this freepsx going around forums with fullscreen and good game compatibility (even 3D games @ fullspeed), only issue is sound so I don't really know if the state of the emulator was *that* bad to sorta discard it.
Anyway, thanks cancerous and here's hoping you have some more surprises for the scene (scummvm maybe?)!

cancerous1

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2011, 09:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(reprec @ Apr 28 2011, 09:43 AM) View Post

That's what I've heard from logic-sunrise lately. Not definitely abandoned, but just by now.
I know about that pcsx-r360 project but no updates since January, so it's not looking too promising right now.
It's weird because there are builds of this freepsx going around forums with fullscreen and good game compatibility (even 3D games @ fullspeed), only issue is sound so I don't really know if the state of the emulator was *that* bad to sorta discard it.
Anyway, thanks cancerous and here's hoping you have some more surprises for the scene (scummvm maybe?)!

the 360 is just a bit hard to tame sometimes, I'm not sure why he started another, or what build was the best but I'm sure Ced2911 had good reason to do it. I asked him the other day and he said if someone helped out with dynarec he'd move that project up in the queue more twards the front.

...and as for scummvm, yeah I'd like to, its definitely on my list of things I'd like to do but I have a few big projects in my lap at the moment so no eta I'm sure it'll be worth the wait, maybe someone else will even beat me to it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]