xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 3 Disc Games  (Read 138 times)

maselw

• Archived User
3 Disc Games
« on: March 05, 2010, 02:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(hfmls @ Mar 5 2010, 09:12 AM) View Post

Hi, just found a perfect way to play final fantasy XIII with jtag Freestyle DASH.

i created this folders:

Final Fantasy XIII

sub folders:

copy all your DVD1 files into Final Fantasy XIII folder
copy all your DVD2 files into DVD2 folder inside Final Fantasy XIII folder
copy all your DVD3 files into DVD3 folder inside Final Fantasy XIII folder

now pay attention pls!
from freestyle dashboard file browser, enter DVD2 folder and cut all folders and files inside, and paste in previous path (FInal Fantasy XIII folder)
enter dvd3 and do the same thing.
if u use FTP to ovewrite it won't work! (at least for me it didn't)
i used this method and it worked perfectly.
7:30 hours of game and only now i'm gonna play DISC2
FFXIII doesn't ask for DVD2 with freestyle dashboard!!! Instead (spoiler) after u talk to sarah in the beach it will show up "now loading" and never end loading, that's when DISC2 must be there. With this method after 3 seconds u will be asked to save, and it will save as "disc2"

all good. wink.gif

can confirm this, but at me it works with ftp disc 1 copy and then disc2 DONT overwrite disc 3 DONT overwirte ...

works perfect!

lantus

• Archived User
3 Disc Games
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 04:24:00 AM »

Why is this being talked about in a XeXDK forum?

[Imported]Intruder

• Archived User
3 Disc Games
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 05:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(lantus @ Mar 5 2010, 01:24 PM) View Post

Why is this being talked about in a XeXDK forum?

I was thinking the same earlier, think it needs moving and people telling where to post or infract their arses

hfmls

• Archived User
3 Disc Games
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 05:35:00 AM »

well....i was talking about freestyle .. :S thats all

alexgold05

• Archived User
3 Disc Games
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 03:35:00 AM »

does this works in xex menu too ?

And what if i extract all of them on my pc and overwrite files and folders from dvd2 and dvd3 into the folder where dvd1 is and then upload all of this on my usb hdd and run the game ?

hfmls

• Archived User
3 Disc Games
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 11:33:00 AM »

if u read my explanation u see that i SAY that that way didn't work for me.

why would u use xexmenu?

today's freestyle version has all and much more and better that xexmenu has.

alexgold05

• Archived User
3 Disc Games
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 12:11:00 PM »

i'm using xexmenù becouse of the support for hfs+ file system... does freestyledash support hfs+ too ?

reettoop

• Archived User
3 Disc Games
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 01:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(maselw @ Mar 5 2010, 10:06 AM) View Post

can confirm this, but at me it works with ftp disc 1 copy and then disc2 DONT overwrite disc 3 DONT overwirte ...

works perfect!

I don't get your instructions. Do you mean i have to overwrite the contents of DVD1 with contents of DVD2 first, then overwrite DVD2 with contents of DVD3?

DaninAW

• Archived User
3 Disc Games
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 01:18:00 PM »

No, Freestyle doesn't support HFS+ but some people don't realize that Freestyle vs XexMenu is simply a preference-based thing. Some people just LIKE XexMenu instead - how about, XexMenu's FTP support is FAR, FAR superrior to Freestyle? I'm a Linux user, I can't even get a directory listing with Freestyle, whereas XexMenu runs it fine. So there ya go, three reasons to use XexMenu.

Fastest way I've found to do it is to use a PC to extract all the ISOs to the same folder, then move them all into the same folder. If you're using Windows 7, move and merge but don't overwrite, in any order. If you're using Windows XP, move DVD3 first, then DVD2, then DVD1. In Linux, use 'cp -ru' to copy DVD2 into DVD1, then the same with DVD3. Sadly I haven't found a way to use mv yet. With XP, if you try to merge directories it automaticllay overwrites everything within the folders too. 7 is smart, and will merge directories without overwriting.

If you use GOD containers, I'm fairly sure you can create an oversized ISO using a tool posted a while back, then use GOD2ISO to create a huge GOD container holding all three discs.

krizalid

• Archived User
3 Disc Games
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 01:37:00 AM »

put all files in a single folder (13GB+) and make an iso with "Crear ISO Good"; use Iso2God to build god container and works fine as well. tongue.gif

Skevus

• Archived User
3 Disc Games
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 03:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(krizalid @ Jun 16 2010, 09:37 AM) View Post

put all files in a single folder (13GB+) and make an iso with "Crear ISO Good"; use Iso2God to build god container and works fine as well. tongue.gif

Whitch ISO2GOD did you use? Are there severall versions of Crear ISO GOOD because i have tried this like 15 times and it didn't work at all. It did however work to just copy all the files to a folder on the hardrive both Internall and USB and start the game by starting the XEX file. God containers didn't work at all. I did however use the Hacked XEX file for the game that is all over the internet, maybe I should have tried with the original....