xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: "game Cannot Be Played - Please Download It Again"  (Read 265 times)

Fuddel

• Archived User
"game Cannot Be Played - Please Download It Again"
« on: February 06, 2010, 03:01:00 AM »

Hy everybody!

First I have to thank the whole community and Devs out there 4 makin the Scene what it is right now!!

I did exploit my 360 with the JTAG/XBR3 hack and since my DVD Drive ran out of lasers (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) i put an 500GB HDD in its place and installed XeX-Menu v1.1!

After Transferring a bunch of games over FTP i started testing them equally one after another!

Since every game, let it be XBLA ones or Backups, are working fine ( booting up, playing 10min, switched to next one) i felt pretty comfortable and wanted to play BlazBlue to the fullest!

OK.. here it goes!

After playing around an half hour, the message "Game Cannot Be Played.Please download it again" popped up!

I thougth, oh crap, aaah maybe i need a title update! DLd the TU and started the game again... another message appeared " Please clean the disk...blabla" !! LOL... i deleted the TU again and started the game back up and the same thing happened after around a half hour!

Fed Up with BlazBlue i wanted to try Street Fighter IV and here its the EXACT SAME THING!!!

After an half hour of gaming it kills the game with "Game Cannot Be Played.Please download it again" !!!!

WTF

i tried every Backup i have on the Box and it is the same Error Message on every single one!

Has anybody had this strange Error besides me, does anyone know what to do ???

THANK YOU FOR ANY TIPS AND HINTS i.A.

Fuddel

hfmls

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 03:35:00 AM »

not me :S

xexnon 3.0 xbr here

Midnight Tboy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 05:16:00 AM »

I have not *touch wood* had the game cannot be played error midgame -

but after extracting (using Xbox Image Extractor) to a USB HDD the game Dante's Inferno.....every time I tried to load it I would get that message you got straight away.

What couldn't understand though.....if I copied it to hdd:\\Games\Dantes Inferno instead of USB:\\Games\Dantes Inferno....it would load perfectly fine

I then tried the disc itself which had never been in the console - it prompted for a system update.  I let the update run (thinking god why did I press yes lol) and then the game ran.  After running, I then went back to retest and after having the update it will now launch no problem from the USB hdd too.

Never seem to get a reply, but can't understand why the hell a system update from disc would affect a game from working from USB while working from HDD but still in an extracted format.

Not sure either why it would ask for a system update when supposedly the xbr3 nand is already the most upto date?

Perhaps, with you not having a dvd drive, there's some way to download a game specific (such as Dantes Inferno since its recent) system update and allow it to install

Antman1

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 05:35:00 AM »

was the avatars working on your system before the update?  It could be that it needed the part of the update for avatars to work for the game to play.  only a guess though.

Midnight Tboy

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 05:46:00 AM »

yeah I had avatars, from my Live profile held on the memory unit which I swap between units, and also I created a local offline profile......

but saying that......the offline profile stored on the local hdd did stop showing the avatar itself (probably because I formatted the hdd when I swapped the 120gb for a 320gb drive?)

But the avatar held on the MU loaded fine with character and also avatar showing up within Lips Number One Hits game

rainpl

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 09:39:00 AM »

I kinda second the problem.

I've got freeBOOT and need to patch xex but everything works fine (except FIFA10 which had to be decrypted, decompressed and then patched).

The thing is: every game works fine off the USB except Dante's Inferno and BioShock2. I thought the patching failed (like with FIFA10) but after manual patching the problem remains the same - "Game cannot be played - please download it again". Like the thread author suggested I copied it to original 360 HDD and it runs fine (so it isn't related to patching). What could that be?

I had avatars installed in my 7371 but I cannot see it in my rebooted 8955.

I use XexMenu 1.1 but tried with XexLoader 0.26 with the same result.

EDIT: OK, mystery solved. Just delete $SystemUpdate folder and the game runs flawlessly off the USB.

This post has been edited by rainpl: Feb 6 2010, 05:59 PM

Midnight Tboy

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 12:21:00 PM »

do you mean System Update folder from within the games folder?  Or the system update folder that is in the root of the main hdd drive?

rainpl

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 05:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(Midnight Tboy @ Feb 6 2010, 06:21 PM) View Post

do you mean System Update folder from within the games folder?  Or the system update folder that is in the root of the main hdd drive?

$SystemUpdate in the game folder.

Midnight Tboy

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 06:22:00 PM »

interesting...wonder why just having that folder in would stop a game from working.

I've been reluctant to delete any files from the extracted folders so far....as been hoping they find a way to convert an extracted iso folder back into a full verifiable and valid iso file to save having to go through the whole process again in the future should I ever need to go back to disks for whatever reason.

I'll try that with the Cars RaceORama game - as that game loads the publisher logo page but then locks up every time on the loading screen before even get to the main menu (but works fine from disc)

antisniperspy

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 01:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(Midnight Tboy @ Feb 6 2010, 08:22 PM) View Post

interesting...wonder why just having that folder in would stop a game from working.

I've been reluctant to delete any files from the extracted folders so far....as been hoping they find a way to convert an extracted iso folder back into a full verifiable and valid iso file to save having to go through the whole process again in the future should I ever need to go back to disks for whatever reason.

I'll try that with the Cars RaceORama game - as that game loads the publisher logo page but then locks up every time on the loading screen before even get to the main menu (but works fine from disc)

I read somewhere that you should always delete the $SystemUpdate folder after you extract the game from iso. Every one of my games work great.

Midnight Tboy

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 05:39:00 PM »

got about 200 games copied over now.

All have the system update folder still kept in.  The only one i've had trouble with is Cars Race-O-Rama which flat out refuses to load from usb hdd for some reason....with or without the system update folder.  not the same message though, but locks up before reach the menu screen on the game logo

Poopchute

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2010, 02:41:00 PM »

I have also had this problem every once and a while...Wait 200 games?  Im sure you bought all those right?  Thats what about $10,000  worth of games...

GTRagnarok

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2010, 10:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(Poopchute @ Feb 21 2010, 03:41 PM) View Post

I have also had this problem every once and a while...Wait 200 games?  Im sure you bought all those right?  Thats what about $10,000  worth of games...

I'm sure he's just really rich...

Midnight Tboy

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2010, 03:12:00 AM »

not really - over space of several years, and working at certain rental store that do trade ins, can get them for cheap as chips.....so long as don't mind getting older titles for the most part which I often do.  Only just started playing through Kung Fu Panda  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)   Yes...I like cheesy games light hearted games (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Anyways, theres certainly an issue with some games that flat out refuse to load off USB and lock up no matter what I've tried (Cars Race-O-Rama for one), tho not with this error but with a crashed screen before hit the menu.  The other issue about 'cannot be played' is generally solved with one of the little system updates, or probably a different extraction from iso/disc method

knewknow

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2010, 12:00:00 PM »

Hmm... do you have any discs in your drive when you're receiving the error?
Pages: [1] 2