xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 7645.1 Sdk Leak  (Read 259 times)

TouchyFlea

• Archived User
7645.1 Sdk Leak
« on: August 17, 2009, 04:29:00 PM »

The SDK is over multiple torrent sites. I won't post since i don't know what can be done with it?
I keep seeing people say "This is bad news".

What can be done with this thats so bad?

Mhawk134

• Archived User
7645.1 Sdk Leak
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 07:03:00 AM »

Well with the new hack for the 360 coming out, if people pick up and just use the offical SDK then everybody will considered the created content illegal and will have to go threw all the trouble to get the content like on the original xbox.  If people use TMBINC's open source libraries then the content will not to have the run around to get too.

Hawk

lllsondowlll

• Archived User
7645.1 Sdk Leak
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 06:39:00 PM »

This slipped out of our possession and was leaked by Hawk, I am not sure if it's the Hawk above me or if its a coincidence but it was leaked to XboxSky after Hawk went rogue after several threats of leaking it about the time JTAG was announced to be released it pushed this guy over the edge and now its out in the open.
 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Anyway the SDK really can't do anything for this exploit ATM or at all for that matter, its for XDK publishing and the tools are mostly useless for retail kits. I guess you can decompile / compile games and make content and build homebrew but without an XDK you have nothing to test it on.

This post has been edited by lllsondowlll: Aug 20 2009, 01:40 AM

Mhawk134

• Archived User
7645.1 Sdk Leak
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 05:37:00 PM »

Again I'll say it wasn't me plain an simple.  From my under standing all that stuff was leaked a long time ago by some halo kids.  And I had nothing to do with it then, and had nothing to do with it now.  The circle believes it was me because I said I would do it if they didn't leave me alone, we were on level grounds so I had no reason to do anything. Apparently I wasn't the only one that they pissed off after all because somebody else did it.  Here's some food for thought, if I would of done that I was told I would of been banned from EVERY site I was apart of.  And I say here I am still I post, so if their so confident it was me why haven't I been banned?  Oh, I have an idea, maybe because I didn't do it.  People should really use tmbinc's libxenon to create content because there wouldn't be any grey areas about it and people could share it easily, share, haha that was  word that is seldom used when it comes to homebrew content for the 360, lets see what the future has instore for the new exploit.  

Hawk

dogkarl

• Archived User
7645.1 Sdk Leak
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 06:32:00 AM »

Hawk, just calm down.
Even if it is you did it, it is thousands time better than the ass who leaked the exploit to MS. I just don't get it, why eveybody cares so much about the SDK leak not the exploit leak. The guy who tell the MS the exploit should be the real target here, not who leaked the SDK, let's say, EVEN MAY HAVE GOOD EFFECT ON HOMEBREW.
Forget about the the SDK leak, think more about the one leak the hard work to MS so makes everything in vain.

red_ring_of_box

• Archived User
7645.1 Sdk Leak
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 01:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(dogkarl @ Aug 27 2009, 09:32 AM) View Post

Hawk, just calm down.
Even if it is you did it, it is thousands time better than the ass who leaked the exploit to MS.

agreed. I'm looking forward to getting an open source sdk to make homebrew for the 360 and I really wouldn't want to have to worry about all my .xex apps being illegally made M$ sdk builds. Kinda sickened me when I saw the report of the hack(the showed the report to M$ in the youtube vid that showed the weakness of the 360 security system) oh well we still have consoles today running homebrew all we need know are the alernative ports for the other mb revisions to flash read and write the nand. laugh.gif

Hellzone

• Archived User
7645.1 Sdk Leak
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 03:10:00 AM »

theres a app called dev recovery... and its a ISO with a XEX inside  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

weinerschnitzel

• Archived User
7645.1 Sdk Leak
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 09:08:00 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is much more of a serious leak because this does not have the "digital signatures removed to protect the guilty?"

Millerboy3

• Archived User
7645.1 Sdk Leak
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 09:44:00 AM »

hawk was banned... O_O anyone kno why?

red_ring_of_box

• Archived User
7645.1 Sdk Leak
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 11:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(Mhawk134 @ Aug 23 2009, 07:37 PM) View Post

Again I'll say it wasn't me plain an simple.  From my under standing all that stuff was leaked a long time ago by some halo kids.  And I had nothing to do with it then, and had nothing to do with it now.  The circle believes it was me because I said I would do it if they didn't leave me alone, we were on level grounds so I had no reason to do anything. Apparently I wasn't the only one that they pissed off after all because somebody else did it.  Here's some food for thought, if I would of done that I was told I would of been banned from EVERY site I was apart of.  And I say here I am still I post, so if their so confident it was me why haven't I been banned?

Im thinking maybe something to do with that, not my place to judge any mods decision when I don't know the full story so I'll just leave it at that since his sig still doesn't have an explanation.

Doesn't matter to me if its leaked or not I don't need/want it when open source libs are already on their way.

gamerfreak1727

• Archived User
7645.1 Sdk Leak
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2009, 02:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(Millerboy3 @ Aug 28 2009, 09:44 AM) View Post

hawk was banned... O_O anyone kno why?

Here's some food for thought, if I would of done that I was told I would of been banned from EVERY site I was apart of. And I say here I am still I post, so if their so confident it was me why haven't I been banned? Oh, I have an idea, maybe because I didn't do it.

Isn't it apparent enough?