xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mce Extender On Xbox Locks Up Pc  (Read 875 times)

edellow

• Archived User
Mce Extender On Xbox Locks Up Pc
« on: May 22, 2006, 03:49:00 PM »

I just got a new HP Pavilion with MCE and thought I would try using my 360 as an extender.  The setup went well but every time I try to play video my PC (not the XBOX) locks up.

The XBOX can play video recorded in WMV format and even AVI files through a transcoder but anytime I try to play a file recorded from TV the PC hangs.

The PC uses a Haupaugh WIN TV PVR II board to record.  I contacted MS but they were totally useless!  I contacted HP and they at least tried to fix the problem but eventually told me to contact MS.

I tried using several different Video Codecs including an nVidia video decoder which everyone says is the best.  

I am sure the problem must have something to do with the Haupaugh board, codec or the file it creates since other files play but I am tried everything I can think of.  Has anyone experienced this problem or can someone think of something I have not tried.

Any help would be appreciated.

benben

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 08:46:00 PM »

same problem

juanman

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 06:28:00 PM »

i had a problem similar to this, i could stream music fine, but once i went to the videos, both the xbox and computer would lock up. i ended up reinstalling the 360 software on the computer and forced the 360 to run the setup again. now i can stream all my videos perfectly, no lockup what so ever

hibby70

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 01:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(juanman @ Jun 8 2006, 01:28 AM) View Post

i had a problem similar to this, i could stream music fine, but once i went to the videos, both the xbox and computer would lock up. i ended up reinstalling the 360 software on the computer and forced the 360 to run the setup again. now i can stream all my videos perfectly, no lockup what so ever

Same problem ... same resolution with mine !