xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wmc Configuration Error  (Read 399 times)

timj010

• Archived User
Wmc Configuration Error
« on: March 29, 2006, 02:03:00 AM »

Hi. I have a problem. I conected the xbox360 to my computer via the ethernet cable to my PC's ethernet card. But as soon it was connected a window poped up saying there is no or there is limited conectivity with the xbox360. I decided to install the windows media connect utility to see if it works. The software installation was ok but then it got an error:

Configuration error:

Setup cannot find the xbox360 concole. To establish a connection to Windows Medi Connect, make sure the console is turned on and connected to your home network, and then select Next. For more information, select the following check box and then select Cancel.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/uhh.gif) I have the xbox360 connected to my network, and when I run the test media connection on the xbox360 it finds the network adaptor and marks it as wired the it fails when it searches for the IP adress. But it IP is 100% corect as Live works when I conect the xbox360 directly to the modem.

Thx for all your help,
Tim

Nascasho

• Archived User
Wmc Configuration Error
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 03:22:00 AM »

Im an idiot, but are you using a router? I use one and my 360 and pc communicate fine. Note: you must have an internet connection on your pc before you can connect.

Jonld

• Archived User
Wmc Configuration Error
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 02:47:00 PM »

Ok how are you wired up?  In the first statement you said you had the cable connected from the 360 nic to your pc nic, which will not work unless you have a straight through cable and im not sure if it will then.  You need a router or hub to connect them. if you are using a hub or switch and dont have a dhcp server you will have to manually give your pc and your 360 ip's in the same ip range so they can see each other and talk.

timj010

• Archived User
Wmc Configuration Error
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 12:34:00 PM »

I have the fires set up as folows:

Xbox360 ---via ethernet cable--->PC-------via USB cable------> Modem

The modem I'm using is Thomson RCA 290. And why do I have to have a internet connection to conect the xbox to my pc?

If I connect:

Xbox360 ---via ethernet cable----> Modem, with no PC LIVE works fine. Any clues  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/uhh.gif)

themadcow

• Archived User
Wmc Configuration Error
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 12:49:00 PM »

Are you using a crossover cable ? You cant just use a regular cat5 cable to connect your 360 to your PC

[Im an idiot, but are you using a router? I use one and my 360 and pc communicate fine. Note: you must have an internet connection on your pc before you can connect.]

No you do not need an internet connection to network you pc and 360

timj010

• Archived User
Wmc Configuration Error
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 01:57:00 PM »

I'm using the cable that came with the xbox360 premium pack. I don't know what kind it is.

quaker5567

• Archived User
Wmc Configuration Error
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2006, 07:34:00 PM »

Its a straight through cable. You need a crossover cable. Buy one from a store or search eBay for CAT5 crossover.

jymboche

• Archived User
Wmc Configuration Error
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2006, 11:42:00 PM »

just for more info, i believe you have to disable the windows firewall under your lan connection (assuming you use a crossover cable from the pc's nic, to the xbox)