xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Winxp Mce Sharing The Files Help?  (Read 377 times)

18visions

• Archived User
Winxp Mce Sharing The Files Help?
« on: March 18, 2006, 04:40:00 AM »

Well I just installed winXP MCE and have the xbox setup to the PC. The only problem is, that I loaded media center on the PC and let it search for all my music and videos. And it shows them in a liabrary on the computer. But when I load media center on the xbox and click music or videos none show. The only music shows is that crap that came with winxp (beetoven) How do I get it to read the liabrary of music/videos so I can stream them?

blinky2134

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 06:49:00 AM »

You have 2 options here.  The first it to start media centre on the XBOX and add the folders same as you did on the MediaCentre PC. The other option is a little trickier but works far better. If you go into the following directory c:\Documents and Settings\XXXXXX\Local Settings\Application Data\MS\Media Player

XXXXX should be the name of the account that you used on the pc to get all the music into media centre. Copy the files in the folder and paste them to the same location bu this time in the MCX1 directory:

C:\Documents and Settings\MCX1\Local Settings\Application Data\MS\Media Player

This will give media centre connector on the 360 the same database as the local account and should hopefully solve your problem.

Acidmatrix

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 12:58:00 PM »

Ok i noticed on my setup of MCE, that all the videos and Music and pictures originate from one location on the C: drive. I have all my music, pics and vids on a 250GB storage drive as well some on a 160Gb external drive. Is there any way i can get the xbox360 to recognize these other hard drives from the media extender. Cause i would hate to have to transfer all of this media to that set of folders on my C: drive.

blinky2134

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 11:47:00 PM »

When in the video or music section click the Info button on the desktop part of the screen and you should see a menu saying add folders.

quaker5567

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 07:14:00 PM »

If you're using the xbox360 gamepad, press X, then Add Folders and choose the local or networked folders you want to add.

-=ZeroHour=-

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006, 08:26:00 PM »

I'm also having the same problem.

When I press X on the 360's controller, all I see is Settings and nothing in there that lets me add folders.

**edit
nvm.. I found the Add Folder option by pressing X after I selected My Videos.  

I still don't see my movies folder tho.  I tried searching on the drive where the movies are stored and still no videos.

This post has been edited by -=ZeroHour=-: May 15 2006, 03:45 AM

-=ZeroHour=-

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 03:55:00 PM »

I figured it out..

the folders where I had my files stored did not have the right permission.  You need to add the MCRD Users group to the drive with read access and apply it to all the folders you want to add to the 360's Media Center.