xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox 360/media Connect/streaming Video's  (Read 327 times)

cbell2112

• Archived User
Xbox 360/media Connect/streaming Video's
« on: February 28, 2006, 01:52:00 PM »

I just loaded Media Connect and am able to connect and stream photos to my Xbox360.   What is the best way for me stream my video collection.  I am running XP Home Version 2.  I do not have a Media Center PC.  Can I install the Media Center operating system over my existing system?  Or is there a patch or program that will allow me to stream the video?  I saw Transcoder 360 mentioned but it seemed like it might be for Media Center PC's only.

Cheers!

Dr. HD

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 11:35:00 AM »

To stream video to xbox360, you need a PC running Media Center Edition(MCE) 2005. I don't think the MCE can live with XP HOME/Pro at this moment. You don't  need a separate Media Center PC. You can try vmware and have both XP/MCE running on the same box at the same time. It works fine for me even on a P3 box and a Dell latop.

Once you have the MCE running, you can use T360 to stream more stuff to your xbox360.

Have fun!

This post has been edited by Dr. HD: Mar 2 2006, 07:36 PM

cbell2112

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 05:45:00 PM »

Dr.-

Thanks for the reply.  I'm pretty computer literate but you lost me.  What is vmware?  And it looks like you are running 2 pc's (a P3 and a Dell laptop). Right?  It's been suggested that I just purchase an OEM version of MCE and install on my current config.  Is that what you are saying, also?

Thanks again.

mc_365

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 07:45:00 PM »

You need to search these threads, as this has been  answerd like everyday since week 2 of the 360 release.

Keywords:  virtual VMware MCE xbox360 Stream "Dual Boot"

VMware is a virtual machine app that will let you run a second OS from your current desktop.

Now go read.

Dr. HD

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 07:44:00 AM »

@cbell, just like mc_365 said, you can search and find lots good threads in this forum.
Unless you have a MC pc, you will need an OEM MCE. You can install it on your current "config". It is the easiest way and with no additional hardware purchase required.
You can either install vmware to run dual OS's at the same time or install the MCE on a separate partition as an option to launch when you power up.
Again, search and read...