xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Nable To Copy Skyrim Saved Game To New Console Via Explorer360  (Read 187 times)

KorndoggOCR

• Archived User
Nable To Copy Skyrim Saved Game To New Console Via Explorer360
« on: November 14, 2012, 09:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(KorndoggOCR @ Nov 14 2012, 08:59 PM) View Post

hey guys,

Hopefully this is the best location for this post..

I used to live with a friend of mine where I spent a lot of time on a skyrim character. He has an original Xbox360 with the 60GB hard drive.

I just bought my own place, so I picked up a Halo4 special edition Xbox 360 (320GB hard drive).

I'd like to copy my Skyrim game/profile to the new console. I used XPort360 to check out his xbox hard drive and I found a folder for skyrim (425307E6) under his "0000000000000000" profile. Just for safety, I exported the entire profile to my PC.
So now on my xbox I discovered Xport360 doesn't work with 320GB hard drives. I used the 320Gb edition of Xplorer360 to replace my 425307E6 folder for the one that came off of my room mate's hard drive (mine was also in the 000 profile). However when I load up skyrim I do not have the option to load a saved game.

Any thoughts here? I wondered if maybe I should start a game on my xbox and then try to replace just the save files within the 425307E6 folder.

Thanks for the help,

Tommy

ah, so I had copied the wrong files from his console to mine. I had transferred the installed game files (oops).
I found the save files (.exs) and transferred them. Now the saved games show up on my console but they say "corrupt and unreadable" sad.gif.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Tommy

boflc

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 11:07:00 AM »

grab a flash drive; hook it up to his 360 & format it as a storage device.  

in the memory manager, move your profile from the console's hard drive to the flash drive.

plug the flash drive into your 360.  move it onto your hard drive (or use it from the flash drive).

now, if you wanted to /copy/ the profile, you have to involve your pc and creating a backup of the xbox "file system" on the flash drive in order to be able to move your profile back to his console (then copying the backup back to the flash drive and then moving it onto your console).

Lord dRow

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 05:22:00 PM »

Hey guys, I have been searching for directions on how to solve this issue im having, hopefully this is the right place.

So what I want to do is: my brother got the xbox360 slim 250gb bundle for christmas with a skyrim download token. He has the full game on his hard drive. I want to copy this full game to mine while ensuring that nothing happens to his xbox, saves, profile ect..

After some research I have found it may be possible to do this by taking apart an original xbox hard drive and getting the transfer cable out (we have a spare laying around) connecting this cable with a transfer cable bought at walmart or online, and connecting those two to my brothers hard drive and to my computer. Then using Xport 360 I believe I can copy his full game download to my computer and then just connect my hard drive and paste it on there and thus we will both have the game.

I want to ask people with experience here before trying because I dont wanna mess up either of our xbox's or hard drive. Is this method I have explained the correct way to go about doing this?

thanks for any help, sorry Im a noob at such things.  biggrin.gif