xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hdd Explorer Apps Crashing  (Read 338 times)

doveman007

• Archived User
Hdd Explorer Apps Crashing
« on: October 01, 2012, 09:01:00 AM »

I'm trying to backup my Xbox HDD but I'm having some problems. With Xplorer360 250GB Edition (I have a 250GB Hitachi drive), I can Extract the folders to my PC HDD but after it's finished it tends to lock up. If I try and delete a folder, it locks up and when I kill and restart the app, it hasn't deleted the folder.

I'm having better luck with USBXTAFGUI_v44 although it took a long while to open the drive and I thought it had locked up. If I browse the Compatibility partition, the folders names are a mess of characters and now it's locked up again trying to browse them. I was able to delete a folder in the Main partition before this happened though. Xplorer360 doesn't show this strange folders, just the Compatibility one, which I think is all that should be there.

IPB Image

IPB Image

I need to backup the HDD so that I can fix/hide a few dodgy blocks that appear to be causing problems, including block 0, as you can see from the images attached to my post #9 here http://forums.xbox-s...774447062385400 Does anyone know how I can mark the dodgy blocks as unusable?

Ideally I'd like to backup the games into human-readable folder names but even the apps I've found that show the game names don't actually create folders using these names. Is there any app that will do this?